2021/22 Niels Nkounkou

Status
Not open for further replies.
He should, but he won’t get any more this season. The manager will always look at picking the more experienced players. He’ll get tiny little bits here and there. Until the manager has a player that he feels he can trust it’s pointless having them on the bench. I think it will be far better for him and for us as a club for him to go and get a real experience in competitive professional football.
The only thing is we don't have a great record when it comes to sending youngsters out on loan. I'm hoping that because this is abroad it may work for him and us but in recent years most of our loans for youngsters just hav'nt gone to plan.

The only thing is we don't have a great record when it comes to sending youngsters out on loan. I'm hoping that because this is abroad it may work for him and us but in recent years most of our loans for youngsters just hav'nt gone to plan.
Well I’ll agree with you there. I don’t think we have an option now. If we don’t get him some experience some however he leave anyway. This way he will either get the experience to become of used to the first team, or he will have a transfer value.

And our record of bringing In younger foreign players to develop is dreadful
Tbh if it was up to me id go down the Brentford route and scrap the youth setup, a number of foreign teams already do it. They just have a B team that is for new players and players coming back from injury and throughout the season they play a series of friendlies. Our youth setup has'nt been of value for a long time and there does'nt seem to be much of pathway through to the first team, It's just going through the motions from what I can see.

Tbh if it was up to me id go down the Brentford route and scrap the youth setup, a number of foreign teams already do it. They just have a B team that is for new players and players coming back from injury and throughout the season they play a series of friendlies. Our youth setup has'nt been of value for a long time and there does'nt seem to be much of pathway through to the first team, It's just going through the motions from what I can see.
There definitely has been a massive change this season with the lowering of ages in u18s and 23s but yes like you say the pathway seems further away which Thierry small obviously thought and a few rumours of other highly rated youngsters feeling the same

Delph as back up. That's the thinking in this one. Makes sense if we cany get rid if delph. Doesnt make sense when you consider that our back up left back will be always injured and unavailable.

I would have kept him personally. Used him in the u23s to keep his match fitness. To be fair u23s isn't that much lower standard than the Belgian league. Benetiz could have told Unsworth exactly how he wanted him to play so that he would have been first team ready. My worry is he goes away a prospect like Garbutt and Galloway and comes back destroyed after another poor Everton loan.

He needs playing time. He is too talented to not have it. But by god, our fullback situation is dire. If our team doesn’t stay remarkably healthy, it could be another wasted season. Coleman has been decent in fairness, but that upgrade has to come soon. Hopefully Niels kills it on loan and brings that confidence here.

Status
Not open for further replies.