Votes: 21 2.1%
  • My choice isnt here, you really suck at polls

Votes: 161 15.8%
  • Lamborghini Gallardo

Votes: 57 5.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
...has been in the betting recently @ 25-1 but into 16s now. Very few firms have him in their market, though.
I had never heard of him before last night. We have had bad managers for the last 6 years we need to just use the money for some massive name

I had never heard of him before last night. We have had bad managers for the last 6 years we need to just use the money for some massive name

....we need a good manager rather than a ‘massive name’. All managers come with risk and I think finding the right person is perhaps the most difficult appointment any owner has to make. United and Arsenal have gone for ‘massive names’ and failed, the Reds appointed plenty before finding Klopp.

We need the right man at the right time in the right place but I have no idea who that is.

....we need a good manager rather than a ‘massive name’. All managers come with risk and I think finding the right person is perhaps the most difficult appointment any owner has to make. United and Arsenal have gone for ‘massive names’ and failed, the Reds appointed plenty before finding Klopp.

We need the right man at the right time in the right place but I have no idea who that is.

Klopp was already a massive name though. We need a bit of both I think :D

Arteta will probably be the only one accepting Duncan as his nr 1 assistant. Any other manager and Big Dunc is back to coach only. Yes Arteta is inexperienced but with Ferguson / experienced extra assistant it could work. I hope we are in for him.

Think if dunc can get us through Wednesday, and get some points on the board in our next two home games, which are eminently winnable.I'm starting to lean towards give him it to the end of the season.

Doesn't feel like there's a unifying target available, that also suits our team/current position.

If we do go down the dunc route I do think we'd need to look at his back room staff and see if we can get him some more experienced support.

I don’t think, given the position we’re in, Arteta was ever a likely candidate. Mind you, he’d have a massive job on his hands at Arsenal too. We beat them on Saturday and they will be starting to look over their shoulders.

This from Mike Allison struck a chord

..."I want someone who wants the job. Advertise it, take applications, interview the 3-5 best candidates about their plans and appoint the best one.

Don’t ‘go and get’ someone who doesn’t particularly want it but can’t say no to the money and will start looking for their next career move when it goes wrong."

I don’t think, given the position we’re in, Arteta was ever a likely candidate. Mind you, he’d have a massive job on his hands at Arsenal too. We beat them on Saturday and they will be starting to look over their shoulders.
Just our luck, they'll appoint somebody sound tomorrow and we'll cop the bounce.

Status
Not open for further replies.