Match Thread Newcastle United v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

This shows we have a decent squad. We just needed a manager to get a tune out of them. Hopefully we get some players back from injury soon. The team seemed to be playing with confidence today and that is all down to Carlo. I gave mom to DCL, can't ignore the 2 goals but i also thought Michael Keane had a decent game too after a bit of a shaky start. Onward and upward blues.
I think Ferguson laid foundation of this confidence. But we'll see it against City....

Did Carroll score?
No he didn't, Keane did his job well after a shaky first 10 mins.

They pitched Carroll against Keane, and he bullied him badly all game. We did well to mop up the 2nd balls.

I’ve said elsewhere that Keane did well with some headed clearances from crosses / set pieces, but he was badly out fought and lost his battle with Carroll today (but happily won the war).

They pitched Carroll against Keane, and he bullied him badly all game. We did well to mop up the 2nd balls.

I’ve said elsewhere that Keane did well with some headed clearances from crosses / set pieces, but he was badly out fought and lost his battle with Carroll today (but happily won the war).
Seriously thought he did well, Carroll will bully 99% of the opposition centre backs if he is fit, that's fair enough, but we didn't allow him opportunities on goal.

Pleased with the win and made up with the performance.

Even after they equalised and put us under a bit of pressure I was still confident of the win. I thought we controlled the game and the passing was the best I'd seen us play in years.

I was apprehensive before kickoff about our centre back pairing, I've seen Keane bullied on field before and Holgate isn't the tallest centre back. But we coped as a team.

I don't feel the current form is new manager bounce, there are signs already of a game plan and the ability to switch things up.

You never know I could start being as calm as Ancelotti during our games if we continue like this (we will!)... I finally feel like we are picking up as a club, the belief in ourselves is returning.

I could've picked a multitude of players for MOTM. I went with Richarlison for the last twenty minutes as that is most fresh in my mind, dangerous on the break and needed bringing down to be stopped, breaking up play.

Playing angled balls up to an isolated center forward, where have I seen that before?

Feels good to start to lift my head out from under the dark hole I’ve been hiding last few months.. really depressing hopeless state our club was in I just went into hiding! Everton internet blackout virtually...

But a few wins .. a much more respectable table and mostly a team that looks they have actually played this game before... I didn’t expect Carlo to get the team buzzing again so soon but there is still some way to go, and I’m sure we’ll have a few more tough moments this season..but definitely a hint of optimism is seeping back into the pores...

Was that Ian Dowie commentating on this game, he was trying to sell one of our players to the "big boys" almost as soon as it kicked off the ugly mutant freak.
Yes what a tool he is......

Status
Not open for further replies.