Match Thread Newcastle United v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just glad DCL isn't making me eat my words. Always saw a top striker in there. He's been held back by the revolving door at the top along with Davo and Holgate. Hopefully we're seeing the beginnings of what those three can ultimately become.

Have MOTM to DCL but Richarlison was world class today I thought.

*Cue irrational exuberance and predictions of an Anfield win (by me).

Get in you Blooos

Great result, dont know what Bruce is moaning about as we were the better side for a lot of the game.

To think that December was looking like the month from hell not too long ago. Such a difference having a manager who can make proactive subs.

I am finally starting to breathe a bit easier about a relegation fight, and who knows, all of a sudden European football is a possibility.

Damn you Everton for making me optimistic again.

We've all seen so many times how important confidence is in football (and everything else in life obviously). Having a clear plan that everyone understands will always get you better results than the best plan in the world if players don't know what they're doing. One of the things that has made Ancelotti successful is that he looks for a system that suits the players. One that plays to an individual player's strengths and covers their weaknesses. You don't need 11 good players to make a good team. We've got some good players. They''ll look even better with their confidence fully restored.

With the fixture congestion and the many injuries we have, it was never going to be pretty. But we showed amazing team spirit there.

That passage of play before our second was outstanding.

They were pressing us in numbers high up the pitch and we were just calmly passing it around defence, waited for them to get frustrated and commit more players then hit them on the break.

Shows how the past few games have improved our mentality and confidence.

Work rate for the second half was immense.
Calvert-Lewin was like a man possessed (easily MotM for me), Richarlison got a massive second wind and Holgate was channelling his inner Gana there.

Also props to Ancelotti for his subs today.
Delph came in and sured up the midfield, Coleman added much needed energy from the back and Mina came in and threw Carrol around like the big horses arse looking biff that he is. Great stuff :D

Status
Not open for further replies.