New In-House Ticket Re-Sale Platform (no more StubHub!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
They aren’t getting first dibs - they are getting only dibs.

Means that a lot of people who perhaps live a distance away or work weekends and can only get to the odd game have to pay an extra £35 just for the possibility of doing that. Poor show tbh in a cost of living crisis.

Surely if 2000 ST holders try to sell a game they cannot attend but only 250 official members buy those the club will do something to allow them to go back on general sale? If all 2000 are snapped up then the system is working as expected?

Yes I get it's unfair but the club created this by having such a high percentage of season ticket holders. I'm sure most people are aware of some that abused that privilege by selling the big games and effectively went for nothing to the rest or vice-versa. I believe this is a crack down on that behaviour.

Because I am not very bright (no really), can someone clarify for me, will we still be able to get standard spares for matches? The type where STH cannot make it and sells face value on here or elsewhere? As a non STH this is my usual method - this saturday for instance, id be effed otherwise.

@The binman chronicles (sorry didn’t hit reply)

The system will ‘work’ and the tickets will be sold because lots of people will join as a member (myself included). Fine for me, I can afford it.

It will stop a lot of parents having the chance to take their kids to the game though - forking out for 2 or 3 memberships plus tickets just won’t be viable.

@The binman chronicles (sorry didn’t hit reply)

The system will ‘work’ and the tickets will be sold because lots of people will join as a member (myself included). Fine for me, I can afford it.

It will stop a lot of parents having the chance to take their kids to the game though - forking out for 2 or 3 memberships plus tickets just won’t be viable.

I doubt there will be many groups of tickets that you could buy 2/3 tickets sat together to really worry about that? The demand will be through the roof whatever and it's unfortunately just one of those things where a lot of people end up disappointed. Even members will be in the run up to the last few games.

As an American who travelled over for a game last year, I was impressed with the resale platform. Was easy to use. Could see exactly where the seats were. This sounds like a typical American big sports move on how to extract every last penny from the fans while also making it less convenient.

This will be about the last game at Goodison I'd imagine, though there are ways round every system.
I started this thread over two years ago. At the time there were some on here that were celebrating the fact that the club were no longer using Stubhub. Others including you and myself tried pointing out that for the vast majority of games it was actually a great way for people to get their hands on cheap match tickets. I used it a few times to sell my ST for midweek games etc for like £20 a pop. The fact that some people were charging over face value for the derby really blinkered some people's view of the platform. Now look at the situation, a dad/mum now needs to fork out £££'s just for the opportunity to even "maybe" get their hands on some full-price tickets for Fulham. You can't even buy Junior tickets on the Resale site, to take a kid you need to buy an Adult ticket. FFS.
Yeah I used to like that, a Wednesday night game came up and and I was at a loose end so I just grab a ticket for £20 and jump on the train from Manchester.

Now I can't get a season ticket even though I want to, and its £55 or nothing. Well most of the time its now nothing unfortunately.

So as a season ticket holder I can't take someone else the match unless I tell them to buy a membership at £35 then they're allowed to look at resale seats?

So as a season ticket holder I can't take someone else the match unless I tell them to buy a membership at £35 then they're allowed to look at resale seats?
As I understand it , as an STH you are obviously an official member and you can buy an extra ticket in your own name for someone else . I did this for the Lisbon game .

As I understand it , as an STH you are obviously an official member and you can buy an extra ticket in your own name for someone else . I did this for the Lisbon game .
Not anymore we’re not. STHs are not classed as “official members” from this season. I’m a STH and as with every other STH I’ve spoken to today, I am just getting this message when even attempting to check out the Resale
Site for Fulham
IMG_0778.png

Plus on the criteria list, STH are not included
IMG_0777.png

*DURING SEASON CARD FULFILMENT, THE ABILITY FOR SEASON TICKET MEMBERS TO LIST THEIR SEATS FOR RESALE WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE. FURTHER INFORMATION WILL BE COMMUNICATED ONCE THIS FACILITY IS AVAILABLE.*

The above is from the OS for the Fulham game . It also says Fulham haven't taken their full allocation ( no surprise there ) and the Upper Visitors will be sold to home fans - quite how I don't know. The club is a shambles .

*DURING SEASON CARD FULFILMENT, THE ABILITY FOR SEASON TICKET MEMBERS TO LIST THEIR SEATS FOR RESALE WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE. FURTHER INFORMATION WILL BE COMMUNICATED ONCE THIS FACILITY IS AVAILABLE.*

The above is from the OS for the Fulham game . It also says Fulham haven't taken their full allocation ( no surprise there ) and the Upper Visitors will be sold to home fans - quite how I don't know. The club is a shambles .

They've updated that information, the resale platform is now up and running for the Fulham game.

Status
Not open for further replies.