New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I'm staggered at the sheer nonsense being used to oppose Benitez given what has actually been pepetrated against Evertonians BY Evertonians over the last 20 years. Stubbs selling Rooney out from underneath us, Kenwright saying he wouldn't take 50m for Rooney and then taking almost half that, Kenwright trying to move us to a suburban supermarket and declaring Goodison a health and safety risk, Kenwright "ringfencing" money for the King's Dock and then, somehow, not ringfencing it, players being sold out (fair enough) but then either vilified as mercenaries or spun as sob stories ("he was in tears") to placate gullible fans, etc etc.

The only legitimate reason to be opposed to Benitez is a concern that he is over the hill - which he could very well be. All the other stuff is emotional guff.

mate his last job he had Dalian bottom of the Chinese super league and the football he employs is average at best.

over the hill ? More like disappearing over the horizon and that’s with out the sheet he said about this club.

The fat joke wants a pay day and he unscrupulously has his eye on Everton because there are no other teams who want him in the area.

oh and his a kopite

Rooney left because we were rubbish and we couldn't match his ability, and we needed the money. He didn't join Liverpool either, so not sure it's comparable. Manchester United are not our nearest rivals.

He then kissed the United badge whenever he came back.

Welcomed back as an Evertonian when he couldn't run anymore and was forced out of United. Still takes his kid to the Europa League final the other week as United fans.

Rooney is United not Everton. Rafael is Liverpool not Everton.

Yeah, I'm staggered at the sheer nonsense being used to oppose Benitez given what has actually been pepetrated against Evertonians BY Evertonians over the last 20 years. Stubbs selling Rooney out from underneath us, Kenwright saying he wouldn't take 50m for Rooney and then taking almost half that, Kenwright trying to move us to a suburban supermarket and declaring Goodison a health and safety risk, Kenwright "ringfencing" money for the King's Dock and then, somehow, not ringfencing it, players being sold out (fair enough) but then either vilified as mercenaries or spun as sob stories ("he was in tears") to placate gullible fans, etc etc.

The only legitimate reason to be opposed to Benitez is a concern that he is over the hill - which he could very well be. All the other stuff is emotional guff.
You are correct re the first bit. Re Benitez you must be living on a different planet if you do not get why a lot of Blues don't want him

I’ve ordered a few ton of bricks and cement and heading down to the Mersey Tunnel.

19361314-9AC2-4BBC-AFE6-38F95812B181.jpeg

he won the Italian Cup and the Italian Super Cup after that, and also took newcastle up as champions since then. He's an outstanding manager, ask the geordies if they'd have him back. And he only left there two years ago

Let's be honest mate the Italian charity shield isn't a major trophy.

He took newcastle up because he spent £60m getting out of it. Of course the newcastle fans would have him back, they've got Steve Bruce (who's got a better ppg then benitez) and their more bothered about having a manager that is perseved to be good then is actually good.

If benitez was so good then why did he take the Newcastle job in the first place? Terrible manager that plays Terrible football.

I think this fella has a decent point. I’m sure the hardcore element of either view will shout very shouty things at me but I thought it was a decent shout.

….not sure what he means by ‘what Rooney did’. Leaving Everton with his talent was inevitable (to me), I had absolutely no issue with it & loved watching him for United. We are all passionate about our club but often a bit romantic; Rooney was Rooney PLC at 17.

If the Tweeter means ‘kissing the United badge’, I wouldn’t make excuses for that, he managed that early transition poorly. Knowing his background reasonably well, it’s remarkable how he matured. I loved watching him play & actually quite like the bloke.

Status
Not open for further replies.