New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
he won the Italian Cup and the Italian Super Cup after that, and also took newcastle up as champions since then. He's an outstanding manager, ask the geordies if they'd have him back. And he only left there two years ago
The day I would ask the horse punchers for an opinion about football is the day
I would admit to senility

Think the pool of managers we had to choose from is awful, and cos of his past being with them benitez might be the worst choice.

Gutted all round tbh, feels like whoever we appoint were knackered. We'll see how it goes

Think the pool of managers we had to choose from is awful, and cos of his past being with them benitez might be the worst choice.

Gutted all round tbh, feels like whoever we appoint were knackered. We'll see how it goes
I dunno maybe just maybe the list doing the rounds is not accurate, maybe we will be surprised yet. Journo's do make a lot of shiz up like

No qualms with Benitez getting the job based on ability and track record. He's a successful coach, who has generally built teams that are better than the sum of their parts. It's exactly the type of coach required at this point.

But for obvious reasons he's not the right man for the job. I'm amazed that a) the board/owner think it's a good idea & likely to end to on the pitch success, and b) they think it won't cause them huge issues with an already agitated fanbase.

a) and b) are linked because without support of the fans I'm not sure how any coach could end up being successful. A couple of bad results will result in a much bigger and disproportionate reaction then any other manager getting the same results.

Hi mate, can you tell what teams he has done this with in the last decade?

Wonder if we have approached any who is in a job currently
I'd say we probably have made soundings if not approaches, but the likelihood of getting anyone already in a job by this late stage is extremely slim.

Ed Aarons tweeting today saying Favre attracting interest from more than one PL club, it doesn't mention which but you'd assume Palace and ourselves.

I think this fella has a decent point. I’m sure the hardcore element of either view will shout very shouty things at me but I thought it was a decent shout.

Rooney left because we were rubbish and we couldn't match his ability, and we needed the money. He didn't join Liverpool either, so not sure it's comparable. Manchester United are not our nearest rivals.

There are some real dimwits on this thread. They presumably can't remember ex RS employees who came to us and made good. Beardsley, Ablett, Sheedy. God knows if the Fat Spanish Waiter Rafael would follow the same pattern of success if he comes. Who knows?

Status
Not open for further replies.