• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a song yet? How about:

Patatas bravas, por favor
y donde estan los baños

Allardyce had a 24% approval rating in the poll that was run on here before he was appointed. I don’t recall there being mass protests in Goodison while he was here.

I think you are overestimating the apathy of modern football fans and the fact that wins is what keeps most happy.

He was not welcomed with open arms either which is why it soured so quickly. Most of us knew he was there to get us to the end of the season. He also doesn't have the RS link on top of all the other stuff. And yeah maybe that is daft but it is a thing.

No qualms with Benitez getting the job based on ability and track record. He's a successful coach, who has generally built teams that are better than the sum of their parts. It's exactly the type of coach required at this point.

But for obvious reasons he's not the right man for the job. I'm amazed that a) the board/owner think it's a good idea & likely to end to on the pitch success, and b) they think it won't cause them huge issues with an already agitated fanbase.

a) and b) are linked because without support of the fans I'm not sure how any coach could end up being successful. A couple of bad results will result in a much bigger and disproportionate reaction then any other manager getting the same results.

Why did it have to be a short term deal we offered .
Of the last 4 managerial appointments we have made. How many do you think were a success ? Yet you are saying we should trust the professionals involved to make the right decision
Because there was nobody else available at the time. He was the least terrible option available.

We haven't had a successful manager since Joe Royle. Everyone else has been varying degrees of failure. I'd still trust the professionals over the bulk of our fans. If some of the clowns that follow us had their way, we'd be sacking managers four or five times a season.

So you can’t love a city now if you go and get a job in another country.

What a daft comment.

The poster said he loves the city and it's not about the money. Why did he go to China then? Of course it's about the money. He's the kind of manager who'd manage anyone or anywhere if the money's good.

And he likes his house on the Wirral, I get it.

He was not welcomed with open arms either which is why it soured so quickly. Most of us knew he was there to get us to the end of the season. He also doesn't have the RS link on top of all the other stuff. And yeah maybe that is daft but it is a thing.

And the whole ground singing "'Koff Sam Allardyce" being a pretty good indication of strength of feeling

I don't think Benitez is in Moshiri's MO.

Moshiri looks to appease fans at every turn, almost too much.

I can't see him wanting Benitez. I don't think he has the bottle for it.

If it's Benitez, I'm convinced it'll be Brands. Brands has gone for the likes of Jol/Advocaat at previous clubs. Also wanted Van Gaal.

Just a guess but as I've said before, we know Moshiri wanted Nuno Santo to replace Koeman but got told no - this was before Brands was here;

I think Brands has pushed to talk to Benitez, and he's done very well at interview. You don't get the gigs he's had, without knowing football politics.

I think Benitez' team, who at every turn and within hours of Ancelotti leaving, have played a few outlets who love clicks and attention as puppets.

Still can’t see Benitez coming in. Far too big a negative reaction on all sites for no one at the club to be seeing this and passing it up higher. As I said before if this does happen they need to get rid of the peoples club motto as it will show kenwright, moshiri and brands couldn’t care less about the fans opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.