New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
He also loves the city and will throw his all at this.

Don't think he's after a final paycheck. He loves the city which I think means he'll be at least one of the most commited managers we can find.

Also all this after a final pay check etc just ring as BS for most managers at this level. They love football, they love winning. He's rich enough to retire now if he wants.

He lives in Caldy

The eighteen mouths was simply a payoff guarante for him, nothing else. He was never staying here beyond the season he was appointed. Ever. There was nobody else available at the time to get on a short term deal. We'd tried Rhino and it was a total disaster and a continue of what had been borderline relegation form. They brought in BFS and the slug did enough to drag us over the line. If he'd stayed here beyond the six mouths he was here then it would've been disastrous but he didn't so imo it wasn't.
Why did it have to be a short term deal we offered .
Of the last 4 managerial appointments we have made. How many do you think were a success ? Yet you are saying we should trust the professionals involved to make the right decision

I may well be dead wrong.

I also have no doubt he has met with people on the Everton board.

I just don't see the point in getting in knots over what are still news speculation. Even the BBC you mention seemed certain it was somebody else 5 days ago.

View attachment 130826View attachment 130827

Nobody is getting in knots, but you proclaimed it almost certainly wasn’t going to be Benitez, which you can’t possibly know. In any recruitment process you don’t speak to a candidate three times if they are “very very unlikely” as you put it, to get the job.

McNulty clearly has a level of access to the goings on at the club.

I never said he would definitely be the next manager.

To all these Everton fans who love to see themselves as these incredibly deep thinkers who are really cool and reasonable about appointing Benitez because he has won some trophies and we shouldn't be bitter etc.

You do realize that it doesn't matter how calm about it all that you are and it will be an utter disaster because a large amount of our fans do not think like you and will never give him a chance?

I genuinely can not get my head around the thought that some people think that it's a good idea for that reason alone.
Correct. Before anyone jumps on me I know it is difficult to separate the two but I will support the Team as always next season but not the manager who can do one

A large part of our fanbase thought Marco Silva should have stayed.

No appointment will be universally popular. I'd be gutted if it was Nuno, and I'd bin football if it was Howe.

That is totally irrelevant though. There was enough of a push for him to go.

Of course nothing will be 100% but most managers would get a honeymoon period. He wont get that.

I honestly don't get why you and others don't see this? There has to be some modicum of backing for a clubs manager otherwise they are screwed.

Status
Not open for further replies.