New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Martinez - Good Manager, but already failed here, and would only be signed if we could bring in some defensive assurances surely.
Benitez - Has the CV, but as soon as we lose 2 on the bounce the fans will turn against him. Could work out but its a massive risk.
Nuno - Great 1st season, shocking 2nd season at Wolves. It's a risk and could potentially be another Silva...

3 of the top rumours, all have their positives and negatives. I'm not stressing too much about it right now, Everton will disappoint on the pitch regardless. Ragnick/Galtier still my faves.

46C4A116-83F5-419A-9CA5-557B6B9965F2.jpeg

….apparently @Bluboyz is at Goodison.

You know perfectly well that's not the reason the bulk of our fans don't want him. If another manager with his record was linked with us who had no prior connection to the RS I doubt there would be this level of fury around it. Who else is there we realistically could appoint? Do you think the people who run the club don't know this would massively controversial? The fact that we're pursuing him anyway tells you all you need to know about the alternatives we have to him at this time. Again, he wouldn't be my first, second or third choice but we are where we are and there's no point in cryarsing about it. If he gets the job we need to back him.
Come on lad he's been a nobody for 10 years, the last thing of note he did was get Newcastle promoted the year after he got them relegated. I don't want him because I don't think he's a good manager anymore, if he comes in and wins a pot of course I’ll be happy to eat my words but I do get the feeling he'll be gone by January.

Why would they feel uncomfortable. Maybe in the past when we had multiple Evertonians in the team but not now. All just here for a pay cheque and im not sure any care about Benitez past.
They will feel uncomfortable because they can suddenly find themselves out in the cold at Everton.

I am not sure what you think footballer players are made from but they they are human, professionals and generally with big egos.
They believe they are the best and like every one else they want approval.

just cos you are ignorant of other options doesnt mean the clowns in charge have to be as well.
You can delude yourself all you want but if we're seriously chasing Benitez then its because there's nobody better available. I trust professionals who run the club over angry supporters on the internet who can't let go of a grudge from over a decade ago.

Interesting read this.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...-luxury-billionaire-Chinese-Super-League.html

Specifically this.

[The Employee] couldn't work the microwave. It had a four-minute setting, but [Benitez's] lunch required only two minutes.

Eventually Benitez interjected. 'You could put it on for four minutes and stop the microwave after two,' he suggested. The employee agreed.

That's thinking outside the box right there. Sign him up.

You can delude yourself all you want but if we're seriously chasing Benitez then its because there's nobody better available. I trust professionals who run the club over angry supporters on the internet who can't let go of a grudge from over a decade ago.

no need to confirm your stupidity to the whole forum but thanks

The longer that this pantomime drags on the more convinced I become that all the talk of the former wolves boss or Benitez is just a smokescreen to cover up the fact that Martinez has already agreed with the powers that be to leave Belgium after the Euros and rejoin the club!
I genuinely think they are looking at a few candidates and are understandably chewing things over, I doubt anything has been finally agreed with anyone yet. However I also have a sneaky feeling about Bobby. Don’t know why.

Come on lad he's been a nobody for 10 years, the last thing of note he did was get Newcastle promoted the year after he got them relegated. I don't want him because I don't think he's a good manager anymore, if he comes in and wins a pot of course I’ll be happy to eat my words but I do get the feeling he'll be gone by January.
If not sooner, lets say after the November Derby!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.