New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You would like to think that we are interviewing prospective managers and asking them the following
What are your plans for the current squad.
What type of player are you looking to bring in the team.
What style of football will you play
Do you have an effective plan b.
Etc.
Then once they've done that process,then decide who best fits rhe clubs own strategy.
So hopefully that is what is happening.
You forgot...
"Are you ex RS?"
"Yes!"
"Get out!!!"

mate this is all on Moshiri

In no universe would Bill Kenwright be hand picking or even suggesting Rafael Benítez as manager of the club.

It may be that he is putting up no resistance to the move - although I suspect he is, if reports of a divided boardroom are to be believed - but then Moshiri is the owner so there's a limit to what he can do to prevent this total insult to everyone associated with the club.

So far I've seen people say that this is down to Moshiri and this is down to Brands, then others saying there is no way this is Brands. In truth, we actually don't know who makes the decisions, I would like to think Brands had something to do with it, as he will have to work with him, but we don't know.

All I was highlighting is nothing has changed in the club as a whole, whilst Kenwright is still part of the board. So I can see why people foot some of the blame at him.

HAVING A NEW OWNER being the operative part of that post

Yet we are still the same as before.

That period has carried on for 5 years after he stepped aside, kind of shows he was never the problem in the first place.

Has he stepped aside, though? We don't know what goes on behind the scenes, but as a club we are still very much in the same place to when Kenwright was at the helm, which could indicate that he does more than we know.

If we insist on having ex-pro's around the club what are Dunc and Unsworth saying? They should be consulted as well. Thoughts personally, fans reaction etc. They know. Big clubs now are just a rich mans plaything, been 75% done with it a long time apart from betting really.

Who is the most famous Spanish waiter in the world beside Fawlty Towers Manuel
carlos 2.jpg

Carlos from Duty Free?

I suppose one thing I don’t really know is who the overall fanbase wants as manager. Twitter and GOT are where I get my news but I’m not sure that’s fully representative. Is Galtier a genuinely popular option?

I think it’s fairly obvious Benitez won’t be………
Just from what I've seen in the main on social media Galtier would be the one to unite a large majority of the fanbase,not whole fanbase because lord knows we'll never agree on the same thing.

We've just had a bloke milk £11m out of the club and then leave us in the lurch

Yet we hold more of a grudge about a bloke that made a little jibe about us 15 years ago

Perspective
This sums up my feelings as I am still seething in respect of the manner CA left. My reasons being that at his age and with his record of achievement, integrity should have been central to his value system, he certainly did not need money.

As a result of his unexpected departure, we are now having to recruit from a list which in my view does not have any candidate who would not give some of us fans concerns or who has declared they want the job. We have to find a manager who wants to work with us and I see their main role as being to sort out the mess and stabilise the club. As is often stated on here, we require an agreed pattern/style of play with players who can deliver the same.

The club needs a defined strategy to identify the type of signings we require and stick with it whilst moving out the mistaken signings of recent years.

Benitez would not have been my choice of manager but I do not particularly think he will be a long term appointment. Given where we are, if he is appointed and can work with Brands and address these well documented problems then we will be in a better position to achieve the outcomes we all desire.

Given that football management is far from an exact science , there is an element of risk no matter who is appointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.