New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If we had a squad that had even a semblance of idea about them it would probably be a lot easier to get a manager in. Instead we have an unbalanced mismatch of dross on the whole.

If we had a squad that had even a semblance of idea about them it would probably be a lot easier to get a manager in. Instead we have an unbalanced mismatch of dross on the whole.

This is great point. We've just spent £60m+ last summer on Doucoure, Allan and Godfrey. (Debatable) Good players in their own right, but at least two of them look utterly incapable of playing the short rapid close control passing that a Potter or Martinez would want. Add Keane, Davies and DCL into it and six of the first team squad are just not capable of it. Could they have played for Moyes? Yes probably. Will say a lot about the general mayhem of our football strategy.

The thing is though, he'd have to do a good job to be poached. Whatever we say about Carlo he took us from a side languishing in the bottom 6 and got us up to 59 points. If Conte came in and over 2 years got us up to say 70 points and the CL and subsequently left, would anybody be bothered?

I mean I think Conte is a more extreme version of Ancelotti, who didn't actually spend that much money. Conte would demand his own players even more. Ancelotti is relatively affable compared to Conte.
I'm not sure mate, I would be surprised if Madrid attached much if any relevance to how he was doing here. It's horses for courses as far as they're concerned.

The same could happen with Conte and I expect it would actually.

I think Conte would moan from the second he got the job here, and it would start and end a mess.

This is great point. We've just spent £60m+ last summer on Doucoure, Allan and Godfrey. (Debatable) Good players in their own right, but at least two of them look utterly incapable of playing the short rapid close control passing that a Potter or Martinez would want. Add Keane, Davies and DCL into it and six of the first team squad are just not capable of it. Could they have played for Moyes? Yes probably. Will say a lot about the general mayhem of our football strategy.

Don’t forget players like Gomes and Sigurdsson who take 5 seconds to buffer when they receive a pass, imagine asking them to play intricate quick passing football. I think they’d overheat.

Think Mancini could get a tune out of them.

I mentioned him the other day. When he first took over Chelsea he did a fantastic job. They had a transfer ban and had lost a couple of players and people really wrote him off. But he used the kids and done a brilliant job.
I'd take him over any of the others so far on offer.

Don’t forget players like Gomes and Sigurdsson who take 5 seconds to buffer when they receive a pass, imagine asking them to play intricate quick passing football. I think they’d overheat.

My favourite one was watching Potter's 10th-in-the-Championship Swansea playing four passes in their own box, including using the keeper. Imagine Pickford, in front of the Park End, trying to find a sidefoot pass under pressure.

Rudi Garcia & Fatih Terim the newest links this morning.

Howe the current favorite with a number of bookmakers.

Sportsmail claiming that the job is practically Nuno's at this point.

Currently a Twitter war going on between the local journos over Rafael.

Become an absolute circus already this lol

Status
Not open for further replies.