New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rudi Garcia & Fatih Terim the newest links this morning.

Howe the current favorite with a number of bookmakers.

Sportsmail basically claiming that the job is practically Nuno's at this point.
Currently a Twitter war going on between the local journos over Rafael.

Become an absolute circus already this lol
Those chimps can barely write.

My fear with Potter is if we were languishing in the lower part of the table as his record suggests, how long would he get?That's the issue Everton have yes we need a rebuild yes we need an identity and all that takes time, but we also expect a baseline of results at the same time. We need our version of Rogers or Poch. Whoever that is.
It’s probably been said at this point but that’s a bold statement

That 100m our normal 60 m plus sales
That’s well over 200m
We have to decide if we want to go for it or not.
Chelsea , City , United will all spend over 150m this year
Need to get the manager right b4 we spend anything. Mosh has to butt out and let Brands prove his worth and identify a style, futureplan and appoint someone he can work with, with same philossophy and ideas or we're back here again in 18mths saddled with even more debt.

This is great point. We've just spent £60m+ last summer on Doucoure, Allan and Godfrey. (Debatable) Good players in their own right, but at least two of them look utterly incapable of playing the short rapid close control passing that a Potter or Martinez would want. Add Keane, Davies and DCL into it and six of the first team squad are just not capable of it. Could they have played for Moyes? Yes probably. Will say a lot about the general mayhem of our football strategy.

And I know it's only reports, but you kind of get that sense from the manager list too. There is a pinch of salt involved of course, but even Potter to Nuno are very different choices.

I think it’s between Potter and CG I’m hoping for CG, anyone else linked is a big no no
Potter will either be a big success or a massive failure but he feels like he’s not reached him level yet, where the rest have

But we don't want to keep this squad. It is terrible. So you choose a manager to take you in the direction you want to go, not based start the dross you currently have.

*shrug

The new manager will have to work with most of them for the foreseeable. Two of them are new signings.

Status
Not open for further replies.