New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. We've got the squad for Nuno ( :( ) and Moyes, we don't have it for Howe or Potter (thankfully).

I appreciate people can always say the Benitez links are wide of the mark but they are obviously emerging from somewhere. It's difficult to see any real sense to the approach beyond different people doing things in parallel really.

This will also sound really mad, but if they haven't considered Ferguson that's also odd. I'm not saying he should get the job, but the idea behind him following lots of different managers was that one day we would appoint him internally (or so I thought). If that's not the thinking, you do start to wonder why he is also still there? Like if you want an "Everton ethos" and you go and get him, Cahill and maybe Lee Carsley involved, this would surely be the time to do it?

Not much makes sense with all of it. Nuno would make a lot of sense but it sounds his demands for players is a bit ridiculous which is a shame. He surely can't think any prospective club are going to buy Neto and Traore as a condition of his employment?

*shrug

The new manager will have to work with most of them for the foreseeable. Two of them are new signings.
Undoubtedly. But if you just want a manager to maximise the strengths of the current squad then you go for pragmatism. None of the fans want that.

This is great point. We've just spent £60m+ last summer on Doucoure, Allan and Godfrey. (Debatable) Good players in their own right, but at least two of them look utterly incapable of playing the short rapid close control passing that a Potter or Martinez would want. Add Keane, Davies and DCL into it and six of the first team squad are just not capable of it. Could they have played for Moyes? Yes probably. Will say a lot about the general mayhem of our football strategy.

Think Mancini could get a tune out of them.

On MOTD Euro build up last night Micah Richards was talking about Mancini and basically said they spend weeks working on 'shape'. Making sure they were great defensively, really hard to break down but setup to allow them to attack better. He said it was tiring and boring but it worked and they didn't move onto attacking stuff until their 'shape' was right.

I think that's something Carlo did, especially with our setups away. He recognised that the players at his disposal the majority of them couldn't do what he wanted them to do so had to work on fundamental stuff. The home form issues aside that was clearly working when away from home.

That's something the next manager is going to have to do because our players are so naff and one dimensional.

Jesus!
1 good season and 2 seasons of absolute eye piss when he dismantled Moyes defence.
You must have been pretty high on something for 2 seasons to not notice.

we finished 11th in both seasons and went deep into cup comps. He had very little money, in 1 of those seasons we scored near on 60 league goals.

Now the much loved Carlo had us finish 10th, with no cup runs with big money signings and scoring 48 goals.

i know which one was eye piss.. and it wasn't Roberto's team

I mean we aren’t even supposed to be in the position to even look for a new manager, up until last Tuesday we had one and will have had a plan in place for transfers. Ancelotti’s defection to Madrid threw a massive spanner into the works, it was never going to be bang, done in a couple of days getting a replacement when then board weren’t planning for one

The transfer plan will be the same as it has been for the last 2 windows, get a RB in, improve the midfield if possible and get a back up striker in for DCL.

Brands can do that in the absence of a manager, you’d have thought.

I get that Carlo left abruptly, but with the window open and Euro 2020 starting we should be working promptly, something which we don’t usually do with anything. I think it was only recently we actually brought a kit out for fans to buy, prior to the season finishing, as other clubs have done for years.

As I said, I hope I’m wrong and we bring in the right person soon, however, this smacks of same old Everton which is why I have reservations.

Terrified that the Rafael links still haven't gone away. I'd take Martinez back before that utter charlatan.

In terms of what we need, it has to be Rangnick, Galtier or Potter really. Someone that can come in and make a positive mark on the team.

I appreciate people can always say the Benitez links are wide of the mark but they are obviously emerging from somewhere. It's difficult to see any real sense to the approach beyond different people doing things in parallel really.

This will also sound really mad, but if they haven't considered Ferguson that's also odd. I'm not saying he should get the job, but the idea behind him following lots of different managers was that one day we would appoint him internally (or so I thought). If that's not the thinking, you do start to wonder why he is also still there? Like if you want an "Everton ethos" and you go and get him, Cahill and maybe Lee Carsley involved, this would surely be the time to do it?

Not much makes sense with all of it. Nuno would make a lot of sense but it sounds his demands for players is a bit ridiculous which is a shame. He surely can't think any prospective club are going to buy Neto and Traore as a condition of his employment?

Honestly like Ferguson, but don't you think he needs to go out and cut his teeth and properly learn his trade at a lower league club for a season of two ? That's what, Gerrard, Rooney, Lampard and countless others have done.

Correct mate.

They'd rather go on a nostalgia trip with a player who wasn't that good than a tried, tested and proven manager.

sums most Everton fans up i'm afraid. Worship a striker who had 1 in 4 record because he elbowed and gripped a few people and had a tatoo.. when in reality he was a bang average striker.

Much the same with coaches too. Potter? MArtinez?

nah... they like to pass to much

I'd give the job to Frank Lampard.

None of those we hear about every day are particularly suited.

FL has experience in dealing with good young players; he's completely motivated to making a positive comeback.

Why Lampard hasn't been seriously mentioned so far is a mystery.

I think maybe because he had the eventual Champions League winners languishing around mid table despite spending stupid amount of money over the summer

If you are doing a Bobby Brown Shoes Greatest Hits album can I point out that you missed out the no1 ........the one and only Oumar Niasse.
Martinez should not get another job in football for that error alone.

the greatest manager in the history of English football signed a homeless guy for big bucks. Pep signed a Ukranian CB for Huge money that bombed.

Yeah Martinez is the only manager to buy a bad player

On MOTD Euro build up last night Micah Richards was talking about Mancini and basically said they spend weeks working on 'shape'. Making sure they were great defensively, really hard to break down but setup to allow them to attack better. He said it was tiring and boring but it worked and they didn't move onto attacking stuff until their 'shape' was right.

I think that's something Carlo did, especially with our setups away. He recognised that the players at his disposal the majority of them couldn't do what he wanted them to do so had to work on fundamental stuff. The home form issues aside that was clearly working when away from home.

That's something the next manager is going to have to do because our players are so naff and one dimensional.

100%

Always said, Carlo had that next step ready to go for next season. Completely out of the window now.

Hence this is another restart.

Status
Not open for further replies.