New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd give the job to Frank Lampard.

None of those we hear about every day are particularly suited.

FL has experience in dealing with good young players; he's completely motivated to making a positive comeback.

Why Lampard hasn't been seriously mentioned so far is a mystery.

Why does he need a mentor, I don’t think that’s ever happened in football ever, he’s either the manager or isnt. Non of this Well he’s the manager but this old guy his manager
Previously, maybe before your time, when a young manager was appointed a senior man was also brought in to advise, the title was usually general manager.
I think Joe Royle filled that role for a while with someone but I can be corrected on that.

It just gives a young manager a sounding board of age and experience and doesn't leave them isolated and possibly overwhelmed if things do not go well initially.

I’d take Conte in a heartbeat but that’s my worry as well
Unless we put in a 70-80m release clause

The thing is though, he'd have to do a good job to be poached. Whatever we say about Carlo he took us from a side languishing in the bottom 6 and got us up to 59 points. If Conte came in and over 2 years got us up to say 70 points and the CL and subsequently left, would anybody be bothered?

I mean I think Conte is a more extreme version of Ancelotti, who didn't actually spend that much money. Conte would demand his own players even more. Ancelotti is relatively affable compared to Conte.

Conte/Benitez make sense if you're going to give them a lot of money to spend and discard FFP. It would mean upping spending on what's gone before though, and I'm not certain the club/Moshiri wants to do it.
Rumours of Moshiri looking for 100m from an outside investor ( Usmanov )
It was going to be given to Carlo so why not Conte
Rafael can donone as far as I’m concerned
I’d rather have Mike Walker Back

Rumours of Moshiri looking for 100m from an outside investor ( Usmanov )
It was going to be given to Carlo so why not Conte
Rafael can donone as far as I’m concerned
I’d rather have Mike Walker Back

I think Conte would want more money than that to be honest mate. He's made clear he wants to be going for titles.

FL has experience in dealing with good young players; he's completely motivated to making a positive comeback.

I mentioned him the other day. When he first took over Chelsea he did a fantastic job. They had a transfer ban and had lost a couple of players and people really wrote him off. But he used the kids and done a brilliant job.

I think Dave it may have been because he didn't really impress at Chelsea after spending a lot of money.

I think he may yet be a good manager but took on the Chelsea job too soon in his career.
He needs to start at a lower level again but I don't think we are at that level

Failed with a much much better squad than we have. He needs another job lower down the league

But they are still proven managers. They have done their time at other clubs. Ferguson has stood at Goodison like a tree for years. He hasn’t even bothered his a** to go and get some experience and just think he’s entitled to the Everton job sooner or later. It will be a disaster if we we’re to give him a shot.

He's a proper bad smell that just lingers for ages and its clear he's happy chilling waiting for the Job to be handed to him. Go and do something like Gerrard and Lampard did. Average Player and has been part of multiple failed regimes now.

New Manager needs to bin him, in fact, new man needs to bin the majority of the "Old Guard" lingering at the Club.

I think Dave it may have been because he didn't really impress at Chelsea after spending a lot of money.

I think he may yet be a good manager but took on the Chelsea job too soon in his career.
He needs to start at a lower level again but I don't think we are at that level
While I don't think FL is what we should be after, I think there are more issues as to why he struggled.

He did well with the young players and transfer ban, actually did really well. When they spent money, and he had to change half the team to fit in the high profile signings, it didn't work. But, we're they his signings, or we're they imposed on him? Abraham was doing well under FL, there was no reason to drop him unless he was being forced to really. And the big signings haven't exactly set the world alight under Tuchel either.

Status
Not open for further replies.