New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
….Bournemouth continually attempted to play from the back with players who couldn’t play from the back. It was suicidal against teams who pressed high. I always thought they had no purpose to their possession. It looked ok but they went nowhere.

Sounds like Everton last season tbh

Nuno and Potter are totally different situations.
Nuno has had a poor season , having had a serious injury to his main striker and having two of his team sold in Jota and Doherty... but they followed three very good seasons.

Potter has kept Brighton from being relegated. I don't see him being in the race at all.

Ferguson is known to Moshiri, Brands Kenwright and anybody else at Everton who will have a role in this appointment, they will believe that he can do this job or not based on working with him for years. He has been doing a job interview for several years now and will be considered or discounted. I have said previously that he would only get the job if he was mentored by somebody like a Pellegrini or some elder statesman of a manager for a couple of years.
When we see people mentioned who are in their mid to late sixties I find it hard to believe they are being regarded as long term prospects.
Why does he need a mentor, I don’t think that’s ever happened in football ever, he’s either the manager or isnt. Non of this Well he’s the manager but this old guy his manager

We really don't know that do we ?
We know that he has never managed a club for sure, but we don't know how large or how important his role at Everton has been in recent seasons.
We read recently that CA wanted to bring him with him to Madrid, but as with everything else that may be true or false.

I have already said that Galtier would be my first choice but a Pellegrini/Ferguson combo or some other old experienced mentor I could live with.
Incidentally, I think Potter would need the same, the difference in clubs between Swansea/Brighton and Everton would be enormous.
Keeping us in the top ten would be seen as failure, keeping us out of relegation is sackable territory.

Managing players like JR, Richarlison,Digne and others would be a whole new challenge for him, he would be allowed very little leeway by fans who would see this as a totally underwhelming appointment.

Nuno has a much better CV and he is hardly a universal choice on here either.
So you want Pelligrini as manager with Ferguson as his assistant?

This is the most Everton manager search, ever.

Fully expecting it to drag on for a few more weeks, then us announce Howe or Nuno.

In the mean time, we’ll sign no players and the new manager will be left with a few deadline day panic buys.

I hope I’m wrong.
Spot on the money I think you’ve called it but I would add that we won’t have got rid of Iwobi Bernard Siggy Gomes However Richi will have gone to RM

Conte funnily enough is about the only name (although Howe does run him close) that I'm remotely concerned about. I think he would be great IF he stays, but like Carlo he would be off faster than a rat up a drainpipe if something better were to come along.
I’d take Conte in a heartbeat but that’s my worry as well
Unless we put in a 70-80m release clause

At this stage after years of pain Dreams are all we have
Please let us enjoy them for even a moment however fleeting that may be
With Conte in charge I am dreaming of
Pickford
Mina Koubailly Mina
Reece James RWB
Digne LWB
JPG DM
Allan/Dybala and James CM
DCL Ricarlison

Conte/Benitez make sense if you're going to give them a lot of money to spend and discard FFP. It would mean upping spending on what's gone before though, and I'm not certain the club/Moshiri wants to do it.

At this stage after years of pain Dreams are all we have
Please let us enjoy them for even a moment however fleeting that may be
With Conte in charge I am dreaming of
Pickford
Mina Koubailly Mina
Reece James RWB
Digne LWB
JPG DM
Allan/Dybala and James CM
DCL Ricarlison
Conte will bring passion to our club with a hint of menace that will mean players will dread letting him down ( a bit like Slur Alex )
Great team choice btw kidda

Status
Not open for further replies.