New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately to attract Carlo we basically had to agree to everything we didn't hold any cards whether it will be a lesson learned we will have to see
Good reply, but I would have to ask: We’re we really that desperate to let him come on those terms? It‘s not with hindsight I ask that but rather some of us were sceptical about the last few years of Carlo’s career, he wasn’t the success he had been before and to sign him on such fabulous wages was a big risk to quite a few fans at the time, even though we didn’t know anything about his contract, still it’s not much use in crying over spilt milk. What’s done is done, maybe, as you say, we will learn something from this lesson.

Yeah I get that. I just look at the list and the Cv's and think it's on our doorstep.

We don't need to look on our doorstep though. I find it mad that a lot of our fans list Moyes, Martinez and Benitez like football only exists within a Merseyside bubble. There are so many managers out there.

If it was Klopp, or even Rodgers I am sure the worrying about RS links would disappear as they are good current managers.

Benitez has not been relevant for about ten years now. I think that's the bigger issue.

As someone who wasn't converted to English footy until I was well into adulthood, there's an ongoing claim that I'm not sure I understand. People have been mentioning the fear that though a prospective manager (let's say Potter as an example) has done good work at smaller clubs, the Everton job might prove too big for him.

Does the "too big" refer to actual logistical matters of running a bigger club or to less tangible things, like maybe there being bigger expectations among supporters at Everton than might apply at Brighton, for example?

As someone who wasn't converted to English footy until I was well into adulthood, there's an ongoing claim that I'm not sure I understand. People have been mentioning the fear that though a prospective manager (let's say Potter as an example) has done good work at smaller clubs, the Everton job might prove too big for him.

Does the "too big" refer to actual logistical matters of running a bigger club or to less tangible things, like maybe there being bigger expectations among supporters at Everton than might apply at Brighton, for example?
Definitely this. We're impatient lunatics that go through 40 emotions in 90minutes and a number more between matches

Basically, Everton are like a knife edge. The chance of getting anyone to balance just right is nigh on impossible. Everyone else is either too big or too small.

It is a thankless, impossible task.

Both players (and particularly Dom) have credited Ferguson with helping them and improving their game.

They probably know better than we do.

But anyway, doesn’t change the fact that none of us is really in a position to have any genuine insight into his contribution (positive or negative) as a member of the back room staff, with some SLIGHT visibility being given from the two bits I mentioned.
We know what he's capable of as manager. That 4 game sequence was an embarrassment.

We don't need to look on our doorstep though. I find it mad that a lot of our fans list Moyes, Martinez and Benitez like football only exists within a Merseyside bubble. There are so many managers out there.

If it was Klopp, or even Rodgers I am sure the worrying about RS links would disappear as they are good current managers.

Benitez has not been relevant for about ten years now. I think that's the bigger issue.
Like I said earlier mate just my own thoughts and opinion.Nothing more than that at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.