New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We're handicapped with money at the moment due to previous poor financial dealings and the new stadium meaning we're treading close to FFP. It's also reported we got minimal compensation, if any, from Real Madrid as there was a clause in Ancelotti's contract.

Conte has fallen out with the owners of his last few clubs too and is an unrealistic target. Nuno has had Wolves in Europe and finished higher than us in 2/3 seasons.
I could be wrong, but aren't infrastructure costs outside of the scope of FFP? i.e., clubs are allowed to spend money on bricks and mortar because of the wider economic benefits to their local communities.

There are not that many jobs that a manager like Conte would consider.
I would have thought he would have been a contender for the Madrid job.

Spurs have London, the stadium but a chairman that is all business and not enough football.

The only reason Everton would have any chance of a manager like Conte is that the owner is prepared to spend money on players. I am not sure just now what jobs are available to Conte unless PSG if Pochettino leaves
I hope it's not Conte for this very reason, if we get him as soon as he turns up he will have an eye elsewhere waiting for a better opportunity, he is what we dont need

Might not be the front runner but there is a lot to like about Lampard:
1. Seems a no nonsense manager.
2. Already learned his trade in the lower leagues.
3. Young, hungry with a point to prove.
4. One of the best midfielders in the world when he played and teach that expertise
5. Played under some really good managers in his time.
6. Free agent.
And he hates Klopp so he will fit right in here, I would support his appointment 100%.

After just catching up with this thread the worrying thing is the Graham Potter and xG shouts, the last 20 pages has broke me.
Totally agree with the Lampard shout...have been saying it all week

The Conte shouts are utterly pointless. Not only would he have zero motivation to come here, he'd be a terrible fit. Showing ambition to me never involves getting a manager in who is likely to make things worse.
Agree, Contes only motivation would be money and he'd be looking to spend crazy money. If we're going to go big again id love to try lure Gallardo over to Europe, he'd have hunger to replicate what hes done in South America here in Europe, he also has potential to be best manager in league with mix of Guardiola and Bielsa styles. Brands contacts in S. America along with Gallardo could help us furthur in S. American market. Only problem if we could get him out of R. Plate would be getting our whoppers to play his style. Barring that if we're not going to throw the sink at it bring back Moyes.

Italian media suggesting nothing in Sarri link. Which I think makes sense given his stated desire to stay in Italy.

Might not be the front runner but there is a lot to like about Lampard:
1. Seems a no nonsense manager.
2. Already learned his trade in the lower leagues.
3. Young, hungry with a point to prove.
4. One of the best midfielders in the world when he played and teach that expertise
5. Played under some really good managers in his time.
6. Free agent.
And he hates Klopp so he will fit right in here, I would support his appointment 100%.

After just catching up with this thread the worrying thing is the Graham Potter and xG shouts, the last 20 pages has broke me.

One season with derby hardly warrants a learnt his trade in the lower leagues.
Chelsea were a bit of a mess under him. He had a squad far far more capable than this Everton one and was he not below Everton when he was sacked.
Kante on the wing? Thats a sackable offence on its own.

Conte is very good at showing up at an underperforming club and identifying four or five signings that boost the overall squad performance level.

I think he's exactly what we need. He'll stop the inevitability of a Richy/ James leaving saga as well. In no world are Everton not trying to coax him here.

He may be a big name but he's totally not the right fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.