New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not. There's nothing controversial in wanting that at all. But putting someone on the spot to give a number on how a managers 1st season will be deemed success or failure is just pointless.

I would say around 65 points would be the threshold for relative success. We've managed that twice since 1987. And neither of them was our highest place finish in that 33 year period.

Apologies if it came across as putting people on the spot, it's more just having a discussion. Whenever anyone has suggested a figure it's been interesting to hear why.

….I doubt that happens as far as players are concerned.
Really? Ancelotti signed 2 players he had coached before, including James who he had at two clubs before us. Maybe Brands agreed that signing them was a good opportunity but I don't believe that either James or Allan fit the profile of signing that Brands has previously talked about (young, high transfer fee, relatively low wage).

Certainly wouldn't be my choice but we've had very bad (fat sam) and linked with pretty bad (nuno). I loved ancellotti when he came in but the football was rank and the 2nd half of the season collapse was grim. Don't know what the solution is for this squad. My worry is that FSW is the continuity candidate for Carlo but IMO thats not worth continuing. Hope that I'm wrong and if he does come in he forces some real change, most of the charlatans taking a wage off the club have been poor under too many managers.

One things for sure the big winners this week will be talksport / sly sports and the like who will lap up and profit off the fume.

Apologies if it came across as putting people on the spot, it's more just having a discussion. Whenever anyone has suggested a figure it's been interesting to hear why.
In my view the points total is totally irrelevant and means nothing mate.
It is league position that means everything.
Carlo missed a great chance this year with so many of the top teams misfiring.
Hence a better points total led to an abysmal league position.
If Rafael (if he gets the job) got us 50+ points and 6th place , and in Europe , that would be a success.

Somehow I don't find it a coincidence that nearly every single "independent" representative of Everton media are bigging Benitez up and telling everyone to look past his RS history and lack of success for most of the last decade.

They must put quite a spread on for those media relation kickabouts at Goodison.

Not one of them had the bottle to come out and honestly slaughter them for this horrific choice.

The Hutch is giving it a good kicking to be fair to him.

Funny when you think about given he crossed the divide himself.

Always like the Hutch, woefully underrated.

Really? Ancelotti signed 2 players he had coached before, including James who he had at two clubs before us. Maybe Brands agreed that signing them was a good opportunity but I don't believe that either James or Allan fit the profile of signing that Brands has previously talked about (young, high transfer fee, relatively low wage).
James on a free was an absolute no brainer that I doubt needed much persuasion

James on a free was an absolute no brainer that I doubt needed much persuasion
I'm not criticising the signing but it wasn't Brands that drove it. That was my point. For the record, I hope we keep James. I doubt Benitez will, however, he didn't get much out of him last time he managed him.

In my view the points total is totally irrelevant and means nothing mate.
It is league position that means everything.
Carlo missed a great chance this year with so many of the top teams misfiring.
Hence a better points total led to an abysmal league position.
If Rafael (if he gets the job) got us 50+ points and 6th place , and in Europe , that would be a success.

Fair enough. But the best chance to get top 6 is to improve the points tally. If we stand still and get 59 points, we will probably finish top 7.

I'm not criticising the signing but it wasn't Brands that drove it. That was my point. For the record, I hope we keep James. I doubt Benitez will, however, he didn't get much out of him last time he managed him.
It wasn't Brands that drove it because he wasn't the one able to bring him here, that doesn't mean Brands would've opposed it in any way. Same goes for Silva with Richarlison and Doucoure. Too much is caught up on "the profile" when Brands himself signed the likes of Delph and has had loans for Olsen and Sidibe (with options to buy) that don't fit the criteria. I'm sure the managers have suggested some dross as well as them they wanted to bring along that Brands nixed, I think one was Silva wanting Holebas if I'm remembering rightly.

If a manager has prior knowledge of a player and wants him, and Brands agrees then that can only be a good thing like the previous times. It's hardly like any of those 4 have bombed out miserably. Since Senor Benitez has spent the past years in Newcastle and China I doubt he's going to be overruling Brands and demanding anyone

1624834435901.png

I get that Benitez is no ones choice but putting that to one side, the amount of vitriol going on in here is getting rediculous. We're all blues.

Even having a go at Usmanov and Moshiri. Blimely I know the Mosh era has been a bit of a failure but he's a very wealthy benefactor of the club and Usmanov is one of the richest men in the world and I welcome him starting to get involved.

If we go back 3/4 years we we're all made up "we're f---in rich". Success doesn't come overnight well not for us.
I hope we look back in about 10 years and see something of the success half as much as Citeh or Chelski. I'd rather we were backed by them than not.

It wasn't Brands that drove it because he wasn't the one able to bring him here, that doesn't mean Brands would've opposed it in any way. Same goes for Silva with Richarlison and Doucoure. Too much is caught up on "the profile" when Brands himself signed the likes of Delph and has had loans for Olsen and Sidibe (with options to buy) that don't fit the criteria. I'm sure the managers have suggested some dross as well as them they wanted to bring along that Brands nixed, I think one was Silva wanting Holebas if I'm remembering rightly.

If a manager has prior knowledge of a player and wants him, and Brands agrees then that can only be a good thing like the previous times. It's hardly like any of those 4 have bombed out miserably. Since Senor Benitez has spent the past years in Newcastle and China I doubt he's going to be overruling Brands and demanding anyone
We'll see. I'm guessing we sign Rondon, if we do, we'll know.

I get that Benitez is no ones choice but putting that to one side, the amount of vitriol going on in here is getting rediculous. We're all blues.

Even having a go at Usmanov and Moshiri. Blimely I know the Mosh era has been a bit of a failure but he's a very wealthy benefactor of the club and Usmanov is one of the richest men in the world and I welcome him starting to get involved.

If we go back 3/4 years we we're all made up "we're f---in rich". Success doesn't come overnight well not for us.
I hope we look back in about 10 years and see something of the success half as much as Citeh or Chelski. I'd rather we were backed by them than not.
Agree entirely mate.
If he is appointed , he is appointed.
Not my choice , but whatever.
Far too much flouncing going on , on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.