New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The framing of this annoys me. With radio silence from the club the only narrative is from Benitez.

Instead of us putting out that we considered him along with other candidates but he wasnt the right man etc etc - its now the job was his but those bad Everton fans actions means the club miss out on this 'world class' manager.

We are so weak on comms its ridiculous.

Monsieur Galtier, you want the job lid??

giphy.gif

if you read the report, this headline is based on absolutely nothing.
Yes it is based purely on that it has all gone quiet the last few days. Nothing factual and no investigative journalism whatsoever, just complete guesswork and assumptions that will now be repeated and spread across all the media and twitter and reported as fact. Has been happening since day one. These same 'un-investigative' journos where the ones who reported that we were appointing him imminently last week, but now they are right apparently just because this time they are saying something that makes people happier. Couldn't make it up.

Discernment is needed in bucket loads until Everton actually announce it.

My read of this is the agendas of the owner and fans arent in alignment.

What i believe is the owner wants a safe pair of hands for the next 2 to 3 years, he will be working on stadium finance and a large part of reassuring investors and financial institutions to invest in the new ground will be the promise of staying in the PL with a safe pair of hands and walk into that stadium with guaranteed PL football. From that point of view this appointment is going to be underwhelming given what is available. Rafael offers all of that and is a company man - there is a lot to like about him from the owners point of view.

Then we have the fans, who would abhor Rafael, want short term success and on the field progression, preferably in an exotic creative way making super duper signings.

The two twains wont meet, in fact even a compromise may be undermining and neither goals achieved.

The verdict is, we are in for a very divisive and messy time as a club, baton down the hatches Blues.

Last edited:

The framing of this annoys me. With radio silence from the club the only narrative is from Benitez.

Instead of us putting out that we considered him along with other candidates but he wasnt the right man etc etc - its now the job was his but those bad Everton fans actions means the club miss out on this 'world class' manager.

We are so weak on comms its ridiculous.
I'd rather we just kept quiet and announced someone than told everyone our plans.

Let the media spin whatever they want, it makes no difference to anyone except those who believe it without question. And more fool them.

I don't advocate the club giving a running commentary on everything they're doing, but I do think they're being a bit daft not putting a statement out at this stage. The speculation has been wild and they've allowed a narrative to be spun that they're effectively incompetent and arguing amongst themselves. Mud sticks, and no matter how this has really been handled behind the scenes there's likely to be a lingering feeling that they've made a mess of the search and rumours that all is not well. They could have headed this off with a bit of proactive engagement.

Status
Not open for further replies.