New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rafael Benitez to Everton OFF with club bosses listening to fans after protests against former Liverpool manager, talkSPORT understands​

They were one of the first to break the Rafael to Everton story. This nightmare might be finally over.
if you read the report, this headline is based on absolutely nothing.

Benitez hasn't achieved anything in years. And 8th is midtable.

Managers aren't the issue at this club - it's the abysmal quality and effort of the playing squad. But appointing a divisive manager like Benitez would have created a managerial issue and taken the focus off the real problem, i.e. the performance of the players.
Spot on Tim
Certain number of our players who don’t need naming again need to go.
These players couldn’t care less attitude, money only motivated, lack of pace, age, championship skill level and no desire for efc is the issue. It is a given that all is fans want is that our players put in a shift. Some of the games last season made me sick ie Newcastle twice Man City final game and relegated Fulham who played us off the park.
I am pretty sure we will end up with Nuno though personally I would like to see Conte

I'd say its based on the Evertonian social media/physical response to leaked news of Rafael's impending appointment.

After the outpouring of hate - there was no way on earth Moshiri could appoint him. Yes the report is based on assumption, but its reasoned assumption.

Yeah it’s just based on assumptions because nothing has been announced yet. Wouldn’t go getting my hopes up. Although if Benitez doesn’t materialise I have a feeling we’ll be polishing up our brown shoes. Nuno also seems to have gone cold.

Rafael Benitez to Everton OFF with club bosses listening to fans after protests against former Liverpool manager, talkSPORT understands​

They were one of the first to break the Rafael to Everton story. This nightmare might be finally over.
jyfakluns6g51.jpg

Speak for yourself. He was crap at Newcastle, spent loads on crap players and played horrible boring football (aside from when they were in the championship and had double the budget of most clubs) and since then has been dossing in China for the last couple years.
Why do I care that he won stuff over a decade ago?

Roberto Di Matteo won a champions league once - should we hire him? We hired Martinez because he won an FA cup - that went well! Hodgson got Fulham to a Europa league semi or final I don’t remember it was ages ago and who cares but it was impressive - shall we hire him? Steve Bruce just out performed Benitez who some are so sure is a great manager - bet we could prize him away from Newcastle?

I have yet to see anyone who is pro Benitez make a good argument why he would be the man for our club right now. Ignore that he’s RS fine, why is he good for us right now? When has he built a crap mid table team up to challenging for top 4? When has he taken a crap mid table team to win anything? All I see on his CV is managing galacticos at Madrid, the most expensive team in the premier league at Chelsea and being carried by a few world class players at Liverpool (take Gerrard alone out of Istanbul and they leave well beaten).

So who is this great manager we supposedly can do no better than?
I'd say its based on the Evertonian social media/physical response to leaked news of Rafael's impending appointment.

After the outpouring of hate - there was no way on earth Moshiri could appoint him. Yes the report is based on assumption, but its reasoned assumption.
Ahhh bless, you actually thinkEverton FC andReason have ever been introduced?

Status
Not open for further replies.