New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
"On June 10, 2010, the same day he was confirmed as Inter Milan's new manager, Rafael handed over a cheque for £96,000 to the Hillsborough campaign."

"After so many years fighting for justice I am really pleased to see the verdict, which confirms what we have been saying for a long time,” he said.
“I am especially pleased for the families of the 96 who have sought justice for so long and with such dignity, as well as for the people of Liverpool and for football fans in general."

"On two separate occasions, Montse Benitez has paid for 40 Merseyside children to go on dream holidays - as part of her generous support for grieving or disadvantaged children across the region."

"Liverpool FC's former manager Rafael Benitez has donated an undisclosed amount to the Rhys Jones Memorial Fund.
His cash injection will help build the new community centre in memory of the 11-year-old who was shot dead in Croxteth in 2007.
The new Inter Milan boss arranged for a cheque to be delivered to the Jones family on Thursday.
Mr Benitez said: "In all my time at Liverpool this is one of the stories that affected me most."
Rhys Jones was gunned down while walking home from football training through the Croxteth Park Estate.
His killer Sean Mercer was convicted two years later after a lengthy police investigation and scores of arrests of gang members across Liverpool.

Mr Benitez added: "I am doing this on behalf of the people that cannot. I know that every person on Merseyside would have loved to give the fund a donation but they are in hard times and can't find the extra cash."

But, ho hum, he called Moyes a small club manager because he plated dour football.

Yes because that wins trophies.

Not arsed about his comments. More arsed that Newcastle went down under his stewardship and his boss prem return, was outdone by Bruce last season.

If you’re going to China you’ve basically given up hope of being a top manager.

Just watched episode 2 of Loki - admittedly it is a fantastically cast drama with great special effects, music and plot but I could not see one person who I'd not prefer as manager instead of Benitez.

in fact just appoint Gugu Mbatha-Raw, it would advance the club a decade overnight and we'd all appreciate it.

Exactly.

He will have to hit the ground running….maintain that form in a way Koeman and Ancelotti couldn‘t after good starts….and either win a trophy or at least finish in the European positions, all in his first season.

Otherwise the metaphorical cushions will come raining down from the Top Balcony by Halloween.

Some ask :pint2:
Almost impossible with our current squad for any manager.

Agree with Andy Gray, there, maybe, just maybe the Rafael Benitez of ten years ago, but not this watered down version, not at all. Will i still support Everton, of course I will, done it for 60 odd years and will continue to do so, will i like it, will i hell.
Couldn’t agree more

So if I’m reading Joyce’s latest correctly, Moyes was actually first choice but he turned us down to stay at West Ham? And then it was to be Nuno, but that fell through at the last minute. So now it’s either Benitez (most likely) or Martinez (I guess if Benitez somehow falls through like Nuno)?

Just wow. What a top notch search process by the board here.
I mean all of that smarts at someone who has absolutely no idea what’s going on. It just seems like classic UK media regurgitated made up pish that we see every time we get rid of a manager. The longer this goes on the longer I’ll actually believe we have a plan in place and absolutely nobody in the media knows anything

We are a club in a difficult place. We are not like Chelsea or Utd. If they have a bad season it’s fifth or sixth.

If we have a bad season, we’re in a relegation battle.

We need a manager who can work with lesser players and get a tune. There are no easy fixes for us.
What about Rafael says he can do that? Newcastle were abysmal under him

Status
Not open for further replies.