New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aside from his blip at Dortmund Favre would be ideal - if we're not going to get a Gallardo or Galtier. Quick, aggressive, pragmatic style of play whilst defensively solid would give us our Everton style of play back. Hes out of work, brings through youth would let Brands do his job - identifying players - while he moulds them. Hes old but could give us blueprint for future younger manager once we get to BMD. Moshiri justs needs to concentrate on making money, building the ground and butt out of manager search unless he can get a Gallardo lol.

Or we just go for a Gallardo...or Amorim

If we want them then we'll get them or someone similar.

You'll "leave me to work that out" ?

Youve made a statement comparing Vitor Pereira with Marcelo Gallardo and Ruben Amorim.

I cant "work that out" im afraid...

Is it because theyre 'foreign' ? Havent managed in the premier league ?

Thats all ive got...

Whats the logic?

I think you'll need to explain before i read the rest im afraid as youve gone down a massive tangent here...or appear to have done so...

Their former DOF had said hes suited to the premier league ages ago...the rest was just media fluff.

High salary, premier league club...

Its a very attractive job.
And I'm not willing to take responsibility for that.

I can't put it in clearer terms without being very patronising so have another read.

We're not really that difficult. We appointed a nobody in Moyes who ran the club for a decade extremely efficiently. Then we appointed a relegated manager who worked on the back of the previous manager and got us good attacking football and solid defending before he decided that defending was a waste of time. Sacked him, hired a mercenary who was crap and sold everything good to accomodate which backfired massively. Fired him, hired Fat Sam and backed him. Fired him, hired a nobody in Silva and backed him.

We've had 5 managers who all have brought in VASTLY different players which we can't unload. It's really not difficult, get in a manager who is flexible and get in some talent that suits a sustainable system, regardless of who the manager is. The issue isn''t the managers being changed so often, the issue is we have literally no idea how we want to play and then bring in players who the next manager can't figure out how to use. It's where Brands is failing. Should he hire Nuno, we're going to play either 3-5-2 or 3-4-3 of which we have like 2 players for. You know who else plays 3-5-2 and is a winning manager? Pretty much nobody else. Which means the NEXT manager is going to have a bunch of players they have no idea how to use.
Difficult to do better than the very good teams above us so yes...We are a very difficult job. Because if the manager can't instantly do that whilst playing champagne football, they are criticised and the pressure cranks right up.

And you've just said it there, we've had five managers who have brought in vastly different players proving we are not an easy fix.

I don't want him, but he'd be a better option than Nuno, where we'd have a bearded grump boring us to death while super agent Mendes is our defacto Director of Football signing over the odds Portuguese junk players.

So Jiminez, Jota, Netto, Patrice and Neves are junk Portuguese players, wow really and what did Benitez buy at Newcasle or hows he done in China for the last 2 years, when he decided to just take the coin ?

He has done nothing in ten years.
He is a red
He called us a small club
He plays even worse football than Carlo
He would divide the fanbase more than Allardyce
As soon as he loses a game he will be under pressure

Isn't that enough?

Most of those apply to Nuno and he has half the CV Benitez has. Any manager we bring in will be lucky to last 18 months because the fans are angry and the contenders for the job are viewed as varying degrees of useless.

I'm not even saying I want Benitez; I'm saying he's not as bad as Nuno. The reality is the bar should be higher than both, but unfortunately the realistic candidate list is hopeless.

Status
Not open for further replies.