New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
….imagine if it’s not NES, we’ll have @davek banging on for years about how great he would’ve been. Every defeat, “wouldn’t have happened under Nuno”, every bad transfer “Nuno wouldn’t have allowed the club to buy him”.

Even if we finish 2nd, it’ll be “Nuno would’ve won it”.
I'll take that risk!

Don't understand the hate for Benitez being ex Liverpool. Yes the 'small club' thing but he was playing to the gallery, Moyes did it with the People's Club thing, every manager does it.

I do understand the thinking he's finished after deciding to go to China, as that's money over ambition clearly, so an objection to him based on that is fine.

But if I had a straight choice between Rafael and Nuno, it's Rafael all day long.
He has done nothing in ten years.
He is a red
He called us a small club
He plays even worse football than Carlo
He would divide the fanbase more than Allardyce
As soon as he loses a game he will be under pressure

Isn't that enough?

….imagine if it’s not NES, we’ll have @davek banging on for years about how great he would’ve been. Every defeat, “wouldn’t have happened under Nuno”, every bad transfer “Nuno wouldn’t have allowed the club to buy him”.

Imagine having a poster who is always wrong saying the club was wrong?

Id be pretty happy.

He has done nothing in ten years.
He is a red
He called us a small club
He plays even worse football than Carlo
He would divide the fanbase more than Allardyce
As soon as he loses a game he will be under pressure

Isn't that enough?

We gave Sammy Lee a job.

We sold our respect down the river that day, nothing is worse than that. Rafael isn't even in the same ball park.

It’s amazing but the very fact that he thinks NES is a good idea alone should tell everyone it’s not a good idea.

Rafael took Newcastle back up at first time of asking, finished 10th in the Premier League and established them as a Premier League side.

When Bruce took over, they were already established, with players such as Almiron, Schar, Fernandez, Dubravka, etc anything less than midtable would have been a disaster for Bruce.

Bruce then spent nearly a hundred million, just to finish in the same position.

Did Rafael do a bad job or did he lay the foundations for Bruce to achieve the same results?
I take your point on that, will keep an open mind if he gets the job. After I boo him for being RS of course lol

Aside from his blip at Dortmund Favre would be ideal - if we're not going to get a Gallardo or Galtier. Quick, aggressive, pragmatic style of play whilst defensively solid would give us our Everton style of play back. Hes out of work, brings through youth would let Brands do his job - identifying players - while he moulds them. Hes old but could give us blueprint for future younger manager once we get to BMD. Moshiri justs needs to concentrate on making money, building the ground and butt out of manager search unless he can get a Gallardo lol.

Did benitez buy joelinton or was that Bruce? that's a sackable offence on its own lol

That was Bruce...he spent a fortune after Benitez left to keep them in the same position.

Benitez wanted to keep Rondon who did well for them...could have got him for £15mil but they brought in Joelinton.

Status
Not open for further replies.