New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
People were willing to overlook any misgivings with Ancelotti because he was Ancelotti, it would be the complete opposite with Benitez. Every single thing would be pounced on from day one. Like Koeman's Christmas tree problem x 100000.

Personally, I'd get over his history but I question his hunger and motivation. We need energetic, engaged management, not someone touting themselves because the job is convenient and well-paid.

He would be the epitome of an interim manager for me, because the sack would forever hover over him and even without that, I think he would have a ceiling which wouldn't go much beyond mere stability.
I think he's one of these people that just lives for football, like Wenger. I wouldn't have a concern about his commitment, he just wants to win. Whereas in hindsight you can see CArlo had his slippers on

I know people don't like odds being quoted but they are an indicator. Nuno is now 1/2 from 1/20 with SkyBet and Benitez has shortened to 3/1 second favourite, meaning it's not as done a deal as it looked.

the bookies are going by media reports, they know as much as us

Tbh mate providing we get in players for his system I dont think he would do that bad here. Someone like Dumfries at RWB and then whatever system he picks bring in upgrades accordingly.

I would much rather him than suspects like Howe and Potter.

Why hire Nuno who plays a way no good manager plays...

...then when he goes we have another group of players who dont fit the new managers system.

Dear lord Rafael is even worse!!

This is what they want you to feel so you accept Nuno.

People so against Nuno but look at the list he is one of the best of a rum bunch. Him or Galtier.

What list mate? The list the media have thrown together lol

Don't understand the hate for Benitez being ex Liverpool. Yes the 'small club' thing but he was playing to the gallery, Moyes did it with the People's Club thing, every manager does it.

I do understand the thinking he's finished after deciding to go to China, as that's money over ambition clearly, so an objection to him based on that is fine.

But if I had a straight choice between Rafael and Nuno, it's Rafael all day long.

Id have Benitez for one season and give him another if he gets us top 6.

Thats better than Nuno.

I think Benitez would take it.

I will not watch a single match if Rafael is appointed.

How about Nuno? The football is worse.

Main issue I have with Rafael, aside from the obvious, is that he didn’t really do that great a job with Newcastle when you look at Steve Bruce.

He may have laid all the foundations for Bruce. Who knows?

Main issue I have with Rafael, aside from the obvious, is that he didn’t really do that great a job with Newcastle when you look at Steve Bruce.

Rafael took Newcastle back up at first time of asking, finished 10th in the Premier League and established them as a Premier League side.

When Bruce took over, they were already established, with players such as Almiron, Schar, Fernandez, Dubravka, etc anything less than midtable would have been a disaster for Bruce.

Bruce then spent nearly a hundred million, just to finish in the same position.

Did Rafael do a bad job or did he lay the foundations for Bruce to achieve the same results?

Status
Not open for further replies.