Vote For Your Favourite Crest

Votes: 271 72.1%

Votes: 26 6.9%

Votes: 79 21.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love our previous logo so much. I genuinely thought we had the best logo in the league. Why tamper with it ?

Logo_everton.png

Even that looks crap to me now. Everything looks crap except this ffs.

BTVv8ktIQAA0-SI.jpg:large

Disappointed in all three, especially after seeing some of the excellent fan-made designs posted on here.

For me the only choice is option 1, as it at least looks like what we think about when we think about Everton. Number 2 is a shocker.

I don't think number 3 is awful, but I reckon it's a shame they didn't try to provide an option without a shield - just for something different. I understand that the majority of consultation responses said they wanted to keep the shield, but my understanding was that meant they liked the current shield - so why propose a third shield based option instead of something totally different? I know some people will say the shield is necessary to ensure elements of the badge aren't missed off, but I'm sure this could have been achieved without a shield (like in the Jester design that was posted on here, with all the elements encompassed in one large laurel).

One thing I don't think anyone else has mentioned - it really annoys me that the first E in Everton is capitalised. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a designer or anything, but instinctively I think it would look a lot more professional to have all of the letters be the same size, i.e. EVERTON vs Everton. I notice they haven't written 'Nil satis nisi optimum', or 'Nil Satis Nisi Optimum' - so why must they write Everton in sentence case?!

Finally, I know it won't happen, but I'd like to see the club include a fourth option in the poll so that fans could say that they don't think any of the three are up to standard. Or (if they were feeling really brave) include the old badge, or even a couple of the very good fan-made designs in the poll alongside these ones. As others have said, for many people the club is forcing them to choose what they think is the 'least worst' option.

I know the response will be to say that the options arose from consultation, but as many people have already said, finding out which elements fans want in a badge isn't enough - you've then got to do some hard work to pull them all together into a crest that actually looks good. For me, they've just contented themselves knowing that they've included all the most popular elements, safe in the knowledge they can point to the consultation process in their defence.

Sorry for the essay.

Last edited:
Struggling to understand how badge number 1 is a ridiculous choice. Clearly it's the overwhelmingly popular design and it shows that the approach taken by the club with the survey was correct. The survey clearly indicated one type of design would be the strongest and that is what the three designs have shown. There is no point in choosing something just because it's new, it's about choosing something which suits both the commercial needs of the club, and the demands of the fanbase.

Ridiculous for me...Maybe not for you........ I thought the whole Idea of bringing in a new badge was to bring in a new badge....To me, a badge should evolve, and I do not think 1 and 2 are evolutions...just rearrangements of previous badges.....I always thought the process in which the fans were surveyed was flawed.... It is human nature to favour symbols and patterns that are familiar, and hence why the survey data and the current majority favour the most familiar badge proposed......but without change, there can be no evolution......akin to martinez in for moyes....or even the design changes of facebook.....a lot of people hated it at first....but in my opinion it was a change and evolution for the best.....

Even that looks crap to me now. Everything looks crap except this ffs.

BTVv8ktIQAA0-SI.jpg:large

I guess we do have Lukaku on loan...might as well do a Chelski badge too...ffs

Our Crest is unique...even my RS mates agree that our crest prior to this season was the best in the Prem...they hate to love our badge....#1 is as close to the right badge as we're gonna get...build a bridge and get over it folks...it's not exactly right, but it's darn close.

Last edited:
All three badges look better 'reversed'. The first one is still the better one, however, people will only be picking it because its the best of a bad bunch, rather than them 100% wanting it as our next badge.

2 looks better on the kit on the OS. Think thats just the amber. 1 is the best but its still not as good as our old one.

1 will win the vote but needs more work.

The first one will be our crest, the other two were thrown there just to make sure the first one wins it

From a designer's point of view, i can say the following:

The fans wanted (better say, it was a must) the tower, NSNO, 1878, the shield and the wreaths, the club also wanted "Everton" because we are not a global brand yet and we need the name for the global market, all those combined it really makes it so hard to come up with a design, a design containing all of the above in once piece where no one can remove anything off it.

Our old badge was not a bad one, it wasn't modern, but it was very popular and unique, so the new one just modernized it and made sure no one can remove any element from it

dezeen_Everton-FC-old-badge_2.jpg

efc__1379837769_590-1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.