• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

micknick

Player Valuation: £70m
CONFIRMED DESIGNS

BUy7wr2CMAAR63v.png:large

Confirmed by the club that we are due to into a consultation phase to establish a new club crest.

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/2013/08/22/club-crest-announcement

OUR NEW CREST

In the Club’s 135-year history there have been 10 versions of the official Everton crest.

This year, the Club and its fans will make history by developing the next evolution of the crest, together.

For the first time, all Evertonians will have their say on what the Club crest should look like and ultimately select the design that will be used from the 2014/15 season onwards.

The Club prides itself on its ability to embrace feedback. The extensive consultation process will ensure all supporters play a fundamental role in the development of the next piece of Everton history.

WHY ARE WE CHANGING THE CREST?

Our previous crest was often misrepresented and suffered regularly from the omission of key elements, such as our name and year of formation, and the misuse of our Club colours.

In an ever-changing multimedia environment, the challenge of tackling these issues has increased. On 3D and HD TV, on web and on mobile, our previous crest was badly reproduced and, to many fans, often appeared cluttered and outdated.

We have a responsibility to maintain a contemporary, relevant identity for the Club. We recognise the need to do this with diligence and sensitivity - with one eye on the past but also one eye on the future.

You can help deliver a crest that is an instantly recognisable and contemporary representation of the Club. A crest that works effectively wherever it is used – from your smartphone to our website, from the side of the Main Stand to the jerseys of our first team. A crest for today, and for the future, but most importantly a crest YOU can be proud of.

CREST CONSULTATION – IT’S YOUR CHOICE

The first stage of the journey begins today. And we are handing over to you, the fans.

Every Evertonian can have their say and help to shape the new crest design. There are various ways to get involved:

• Online - Every fan can complete a questionnaire on evertonfc.com to provide their feedback on how they want the new crest to look and the importance of the individual elements from previous crests. There will also be an option for fans to upload their own designs, sketches or make further comments. More information on this will be available on evertonfc.com in the coming days.

• Focus groups - A series of focus groups will be set up with representative supporter groups such as Supporters’ Clubs, Shareholders, the Fans’ Forum, the new Junior Fans’ Forum, the Everton Heritage Society and the Everton Former Players’ Foundation.
Supporters will have the chance to submit feedback until Sunday 15 September 2013.

It is vitally important that we ‘do our homework’ and make sure all Evertonians who wish to provide feedback on what is important to them get the opportunity to do so.

Although we cannot guarantee the new crest will be one that is liked by every single supporter, we can guarantee that every single supporter will have had the chance to help shape their new crest design.

Alan Myers, the Club’s Director of Communications, alongside the Club’s Senior Executive Team, will oversee the entire process with key support from Liverpool-based agency Kenyon Fraser – who will manage the consultation phase. Kenyon Fraser offer an independent voice and boast a wealth of experience in the marketing sector.

THE FINAL STAGES

Gaining as much feedback as possible from Evertonians is top of the agenda until mid-September and the next phase is to begin designing the new crest.

Independent of the Club, Kenyon Fraser will collate all the suggestions, ideas and feedback from supporters. They will review, interpret and then create design options for the fanbase to vote on.

They will then hand over to you again to make the final decision. The newly designed crests will be presented alongside a detailed explanation of how each one has been developed.

Every supporter with a registered customer number, based on ticket purchasing or membership - an estimated 300,000 fans - will be asked to select their favourite design at evertonfc.com.

The results of the vote will be revealed on Thursday 3 October and the new Club crest, shaped and chosen by Evertonians, will appear on all media, buildings, merchandise and, of course, the famous Royal Blue jersey for the 2014/15 season.

KEY DATES

THURSDAY 22 AUGUST:
Crest Consultation: It’s Your Choice announced

TUESDAY 27 AUGUST: Consultation period underway

SUNDAY 15 SEPTEMBER: Final day of the consultation period

MONDAY 23 SEPTEMBER: Selection process underway

TUESDAY 1 OCTOBER: Final day of the vote

THURSDAY 3 OCTOBER:
The new crest is revealed

Last edited by a moderator:
I sometimes wonder whether they actually care what we think, they seem happy enough to take our money but other than that we don't seem to matter.

Oh my god what a really weird post.

if your going to write rubbish like that at least explain yourself lad, it's my opinion on how i perceive us to be treated, i mean did they think of us when they changed it in the first place, no not even a little. clear enough for you pal.

if your going to write rubbish like that at least explain yourself lad, it's my opinion on how i perceive us to be treated, i mean did they think of us when they changed it in the first place, no not even a little. clear enough for you pal.

Agreed mate, he can't just make throw away comments like that and not actually explain himself.

Focus groups - A series of focus groups will be set up with representative supporter groups such as Supporters’ Clubs, Shareholders, the Fans’ Forum, the new Junior Fans’ Forum, the Everton Heritage Society and the Everton Former Players’ Foundation.

The same people who picked the last one then. Great.

Status
Not open for further replies.