New contract for Dyche this summer?

Should we give Dyche a new contract?

• Yes

Votes: 102 45.9%
  • No

Votes: 120 54.1%

• Total voters
He's paid £5m a season plus a £3m relegation bonus. He is one of the top 20 highest paid managers in world football. We've paid him £13.5m for 18 months work. But he needs greater rewards?! He should thank whatever God he prays to that we came along.

….its the length of contract more than the monies. He’s very well paid and rightly so but his current deal expires in 12 months and it needs sorting.

100% NO from me, yes he has saved us but some of his decisions are baffling and the football on show is down there with Gravey T%/# it's really painful to watch.

….its the length of contract more than the monies. He’s very well paid and rightly so but his current deal expires in 12 months and it needs sorting.
Why?

Hes not going anywhere for the next 12months and he knows, the players know, that if he starts the season well and is sitting pretty with 6 months left, well then, sure offer him a new deal.

So why does it need sorting NOW?

Here’s a scenario.

We don’t give Dyche an extension. We sell our best players this summer and don’t bring in adequate replacements. It keeps being brought up every week at pressers that he’s in his final year at the club. These useless cowardly players think ‘oh great the gaffers going, deckchairs out boys it’s new contract time when we all play up for the new manager’. Results absolutely nosedive, we end up sacking Dyche and paying him off. Then we bring in who?

Who wants that job of managing one of the worst squads in the league with players who have unseated multiple managers? How much would you have to pay a manager to take that risk that you might be the manager who relegated Everton going into the new stadium? Probably even more than you’d have paid Dyche for carrying on. If we need a good manager as well we’d probably have to pay his current club too.

If we had the squad we had at the end of Moyes period I’d back a more risky approach to contracts but the only time these players have looked remotely close to professional under Moshiri is when Dyche has been the manager. The second they sense his authority if gone they’ll revert back to type and just go back to rinsing the club for the minimum they need to put in.

Here’s a scenario.

We don’t give Dyche an extension. We sell our best players this summer and don’t bring in adequate replacements. It keeps being brought up every week at pressers that he’s in his final year at the club. These useless cowardly players think ‘oh great the gaffers going, deckchairs out boys it’s new contract time when we all play up for the new manager’. Results absolutely nosedive, we end up sacking Dyche and paying him off. Then we bring in who?

Who wants that job of managing one of the worst squads in the league with players who have unseated multiple managers? How much would you have to pay a manager to take that risk that you might be the manager who relegated Everton going into the new stadium? Probably even more than you’d have paid Dyche for carrying on. If we need a good manager as well we’d probably have to pay his current club too.

If we had the squad we had at the end of Moyes period I’d back a more risky approach to contracts but the only time these players have looked remotely close to professional under Moshiri is when Dyche has been the manager. The second they sense his authority if gone they’ll revert back to type and just go back to rinsing the club for the minimum they need to put in.
Mate you are aware that Everton have never been relegated from the Premier League, right?

Dyche has done something that every single other manager managed in the last 70 years.

So maybe you should show these "cowards" as much respect as you do the very highly paid manager?

The way I understand it is that if another club wants to take Dyche before his contract ends (June 2025 see above) then they'd have to pay us some compensation. We'd then be free to go into the (available) managerial pool and appoint a manager for nothing (there's always some decent ones available).

Whilst I think Dyche has done a really good job, I'm not convinced he can take us into the upper reaches of the table.

Whilst we're hobbled with little funding then I'd say he's exactly what we need (he'll keep us safe). Should we ever be fortunate to be given the chance of decent funding again then I'd be looking for a (more attacking) upgrade.

1.Pep GuardiolaManchester City£20 million
2.Jurgen KloppLiverpool£15 million
3.Mauricio PochettinoChelsea£10.4 million
4.Mikel ArtetaArsenal£9.5 million
5.Erik ten HagManchester United£9 million
6.Sean DycheEverton£5 million
7.Ange PostecoglouTottenham£5 million
8.Thomas FrankBrentford£4.5 million
9.David MoyesWest Ham£4 million
10.Eddie HoweNewcastle£4 million
11.Unai EmeryAston Villa£4 million
12.Marco SilvaFulham£4 million
13.Nuno Espirito SantoNottingham Forest£2 million
14.Rob EdwardsLuton Town£2 million
15.Vincent KompanyBurnley£2 million
16.Roberto De ZerbiBrighton & Hove Albion£1.5 million
17.Andoni IraolaBournemouth£1 million
That's mental if true.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Why wouldn’t we offer him a new deal? We should be on 48 points if it wasn’t for the idiots running the club off the pitch, he’s at least improved us on the pitch, we have the 2nd most clean sheets, only Arsenal have more and the 4th best defence overall, we need to build on that not get rid of the manager and start all over again.

Why wouldn’t we offer him a new deal? We should be on 48 points if it wasn’t for the idiots running the club off the pitch, he’s at least improved us on the pitch, we have the 2nd most clean sheets, only Arsenal have more and the 4th best defence overall, we need to build on that not get rid of the manager and start all over again.
He has 12months left.

We aren't getting rid of him.

Wild to me that people want him gone. I share in some of the same criticisms (terrible subs/timing, stubbornly playing Young and Keane at times, not playing youth) but he's been an amazing stabilizing factor. I think we need a manager that's gonna keep us out of trouble with minimal investment for at least a few more years. Once we've been in the new stadium, with hopefully new owners, and can start to spend a bit more, we'll get a new manager that plays more attractively. I'd give him a two year extension personally.

100% NO from me, yes he has saved us but some of his decisions are baffling and the football on show is down there with Gravey T%/# it's really painful to watch.
What manager is going to come in and play sexy football? Our strengths are defensive, no point in not playing to our strengths.