New contract for Dyche this summer?

Should we give Dyche a new contract?

• Yes

Votes: 102 45.9%
  • No

Votes: 120 54.1%

• Total voters
Don't really want to playing 'on-brand' pretty losing / head-patting footall for a season then relegation - I quite like the fact Dyche can give the odd bloody-nose (e.g. the derby).

His football matches the club, backed into a corner and resilient.

If finances stabilise and we start building a decent squad with potential then fine, roll the dice with somebody else - but maybe Dyche himself starts loosening up too.

Extended contract ? I don't know how either party can consider it until we have some sort of financial plan anyway.

I don't like the Manager Merry go round we seem to be stuck on & with that in mind, I'd like him to stay on, but if just survival every season is what we want, then I guess he might be the Man.
I think I suggested Big Ange before Lampard was appointed & whilst the jury might still be out for his PL credentials, at least we'd have an entertaining afternoon of Football. I'm especially curious as to what's gone down in the last 48 hours at Spurs too! :rolleyes:
I’m not sure the quality of personnel in our squad lends itself to his style. Yes we could play a little less ‘agricultural’ football at times, but his style would be beyond our technical capabilities I think.

I don't like the Manager Merry go round we seem to be stuck on & with that in mind, I'd like him to stay on, but if just survival every season is what we want, then I guess he might be the Man.
I think I suggested Big Ange before Lampard was appointed & whilst the jury might still be out for his PL credentials, at least we'd have an entertaining afternoon of Football. I'm especially curious as to what's gone down in the last 48 hours at Spurs too! :rolleyes:
Ange reminds me to much of Martinez. One way to play and in the end was worked out.
You can get away with it at Celtic but won't last long in the PL trying it.
He' have us relegated by February trying them antics here.

Yeah what's Dyche done for us? Get rid.

Better to have expensive free spenders like Martinez, Koeman, Silva and Ancelotti and push for top 4. That's the vision, it shouldn't change, right?

Dyche's doing the austerity years needed to pay for all that. He's improved one or two players, and crucially now seeing out the rot. The work rate is there... the confidence can improve, that comes from consistency. And also imagine doing training with a fit competitive squad instead of some of the gash we've had in there like Alli. Huge opportunity for younger squad now (an area Dyche can and needs to improve on using). Maybe Dobbin / Chermiti shows up more next season.

Consistency is what's needed.

Gonna be tight next season but a tonne of clubs in it: Forest, Leeds, Leicester, Ipswich, Brighton are turning, Brentford will lose Toney / Mbuema maybe and the guy at Wolves whom I respect a lot can't keep pulling rabbits out of hats. Palace might also wobble if they don't keep hold of Olise and Eze. Let's see someone else implode and churn managers when they don't have 40000 fans behind them weekly - and Dyche drive us unspectacularly to 13-16th and thanks very much, bye Mosh, hello BMD, now you do look big and money-making :)

One way to play and in the end was worked out.
Interesting point. The PL is clearly the pinnacle & the SPL, J League & A League are minor leagues (fair enough on the latter) but I'm wondering how he got Spurs so high if it was easily worked out.

Interesting point. The PL is clearly the pinnacle & the SPL, J League & A League are minor leagues (fair enough on the latter) but I'm wondering how he got Spurs so high if it was easily worked out.
Same way Martinez did with us. Points on the board early. Then he was worked out.

Up until last week we had accrued more points than Spurs since November and we didn't win for 4 months.

Take into account the much stronger squad then he's not all that. People are blinded by the start they had and have missed how crap he has actually been.

Don't really want to playing 'on-brand' pretty losing / head-patting footall for a season then relegation - I quite like the fact Dyche can give the odd bloody-nose (e.g. the derby).

His football matches the club, backed into a corner and resilient.

If finances stabilise and we start building a decent squad with potential then fine, roll the dice with somebody else - but maybe Dyche himself starts loosening up too.

Extended contract ? I don't know how either party can consider it until we have some sort of financial plan anyway.
Good post mate

Go and get yourself a biscuit out the cupboard

The absolute last thing we need now is uncertainty with the manager. Everything else is up in the air, the manager being in limbo as well would be disastrous. Keep seeing the ‘dour football’ accusations. Yes, we don’t have a single midfielder in the club who can pass a ball. We don’t need Alice band, hippy football. We need football that gets us points, and he’s proven that he can get some sort of tune from this lot.