New contract for Dyche this summer?

Should we give Dyche a new contract?

• Yes

Votes: 102 45.9%
  • No

Votes: 120 54.1%

• Total voters
11 points less than Ancelotti.
I read otherwise ... without the points deduction of course. Maybe it was Martinez? Can't say I've checked the figures myself ... not arsed these days. (10 years aho I could've quoted goals for and against, but football has died.)

Carlo got 59 points.
Comparing dyche to carlo is unfair to dyche. Ancelotti is with guardiola, the best 2 managers in the world right now by some distance. I would even put ancelotti slightly above guardiola...of all British managers, I would say that dyche is up there with the best.

Comparing dyche to carlo is unfair to dyche. Ancelotti is with guardiola, the best 2 managers in the world right now by some distance. I would even put ancelotti slightly above guardiola...of all British managers, I would say that dyche is up there with the best.
British managers, not really the biggest pool.

Especially these days.

But off the top of my head, Howe and Moyes are miles ahead.

British managers, not really the biggest pool.

Especially these days.

But off the top of my head, Howe and Moyes are miles ahead.
All very similar...moyes has had great years with us working on a limited budget, not too dissimilar to what dyche has done really in the last season and half. Howe is a talented manager for sure, but not sure he is miles ahead. On our current predicament, I take moyes/dyche all day before Howe. If we had money to spend to build a squad, Howe would get my vote on the other 2.

All very similar...moyes has had great years with us working on a limited budget, not too dissimilar to what dyche has done really in the last season and half. Howe is a talented manager for sure, but not sure he is miles ahead. On our current predicament, I take moyes/dyche all day before Howe. If we had money to spend to build a squad, Howe would get my vote on the other 2.
Dyche has been a Premier League manager for longer than 18 months mate.

Moyes is clear.

Howe did a great job keeping Bournemouth up - all whilst playing really good football.

Yes he eventually got relegated by a point - but Dyche was heading for his second relegation with Burnley and Moyes has been relegated too.

(Plus Newcastle were literally bottom when took over mid season)

I don't see the need personally to renew.

He has a year left, there's no great risk of him being 'poached' I wouldn't have thought. Similar to Moyes at WHU this year, let's see how it goes next year in terms of both points and progression in terms of addressing goal scoring etc.

If he were poached or chose to leave then there are others who can do a similar job and would jump at the chance of Everton (especially in new stadium).

Have to say I think this is our problem as a fanbase. We either love too much or not at all, no inbetween.

Dyche has 100% earned the right to see us through to BMD, he's mostly done a good job this season in absurd circumstances. A new contract though, really?

He may be the perfect man for the club we are right now, but I thought the whole point of BMD was for us to not be that club anymore and and move on to bigger and better things.

Sorry to say dyche is not and never will be a manager that get a side consistently competing for Europe. Sentimentality will get us nowhere.

Mate you are aware that Everton have never been relegated from the Premier League, right?

Dyche has done something that every single other manager managed in the last 70 years.

So maybe you should show these "cowards" as much respect as you do the very highly paid manager?
Sept-Dec: Dyche is performing miracle's!
Dec-Mar: but but but it's the players!. What is he meant to do.. Forget quite a few are internationals, Sunday league standards players all them..COWARDS!
March-May: Dyche saved us..!

Select few, throw the players under a bus when the team loses but give Dinosaur Dyche all the credit when it goes well.

Seriously, does anyone think that any other club gives dyche a new contract with new owners and a new stadium on the horizon? He was brought here to do a job to get us to BMD and he's halfway through doing it. He has my respect but I don't want him anywhere near a big rebuild of the team.

People can say that it hasn't served us well chopping and changing managers constantly and they would be right.

I would counter that though by pointing out that arguably a bigger reason we are where we are now, is the naive handing out of undeserved contracts to mediocre people off the back of a month of good form.

Absolutely nothing wrong with giving him another season to keep us in the league and then when his deal is up saying thank you very much and goodbye.