New contract for Dyche this summer?

Should we give Dyche a new contract?

• Yes

Votes: 102 45.9%
  • No

Votes: 120 54.1%

• Total voters
Seeing as a fair chunk of our problems stem from not learning from our mistakes we should not only extend his contract but install a giant mural of him on the end of the main stand.

What to put up there instead of solo lo mejor, maybe 'come on feel the noize'.

We endured a horrific run of form for months that would have seen him handed his p45 at any other club or even ours if we had any money left in the biscuit tin. He and the players deserve respect for getting the results in April to secure our PL status. As a result deserves to continue in the contract he has. Beyond that I guess it depends what the club aspires towards in the long term.

Personally I think he is overpaid for his ability and where we are as a club. Don't see why we should rush to offer an improved contract.

No club is paying him what we are.

Earn it. Offer a new contract only if we survive next season. The last thing this club needs is a manager sitting on a 5 years contract with a disastrous run in the middle of the season.

Give him a couple of years. He's due a shot.

He'll not be out of work long if he does leave. He could do an advert for Tunes for a start.

Not in either parties interest to extend atm

Everton don't have the money and I don't think with our finances like they are Dyche would risk signing a long term contract potentially on less money and reduced relegation bonuses

Better to address things in January or February next year when we get a better picture

Just give his track suit a contract. That’s the only thing that got us winning isn’t it? Bet it would be cheaper as well ;)

Haven't we been here loads of times before stuck with a manager on a long contract who we spend years paying off. He deserves to stay next season to see if he can repeat what he did this season. But what point is there of giving him and all his staff lengthy contracts. A better team likely won't come in for him so balls in our court. If he does well next season then we extend another

Mate you are aware that Everton have never been relegated from the Premier League, right?

Dyche has done something that every single other manager managed in the last 70 years.

So maybe you should show these "cowards" as much respect as you do the very highly paid manager?

So there’s no scenario where a weaker squad than this one could perform worse and end up in relegation trouble next season because of managerial instability?

He has 12months left.

We aren't getting rid of him.
Good, because I’m sure it could be easy enough to get another manager in but who? And what would be the point? Just in the same old rinse and repeat cycle of the last however many years.

No, for me - not now. Not until next season’s trajectory is set.

There are so many variables at present, and I’d rather wait for the ownership situation to be stabilised and the decision making structures to be in place before we hand out a new contract.

Dyche seems like a man of honour, and Everton did him a big favour by trusting him to save us from relegation. I think if Everton wanted to extend his contract at some point during next season, he’d agree to it.

So there’s no scenario where a weaker squad than this one could perform worse and end up in relegation trouble next season because of managerial instability?
There is no manager instability, Dyche is here till June 2025 and if he does well enough he can get another year around Christmas.

But if he does poorly and goes from August till December without winning a game we can sack him cheaply.

I see zero downside in that.