Confirmed Signing Nathan Patterson

Status
Not open for further replies.

I’d take half these lot with a pinch of salt lad.
Noted. I'm normally not so sensitive. I think the combined stress of potentially losing Patterson and going back to work tomorrow after the Xmas holiday is almost too much to cope with...

Yes he’s done well at rangers but still not an exciting signing is it. If we had a 4/5 year plan in place to sign young talent to build for the future if that’s what our vision is I’m all for it,but if it’s to stay in the league in this present situation then I’d like a more well known quantity than Nathan Patterson and the other signing we’ve made can’t even remember his name without looking
I think you are trying a bit too hard there. I find both of these signings exciting purely because of their potential, which I hope they can fulfil during their time with us.

Yeah but he wasn’t bought for the first team. This lads is pretty much expected to be in the squad from day one.
Who said that ? Coleman will still be first choice , probably until mid next season .

We weren't that desperate when we first bought Coleman as we had both Neville and Hibbert , so Coleman was loaned out

I don’t think he’d sign for us unless he had the understanding he would be a starter, otherwise why move to our bench when he could of stayed at Rangers and waited for a CL club to come on for him?

….yep, he’ll start and then it’s up to him to keep his place, I expect he will but Coleman will be utilised.
I don't generally like the idea of directly puting new players in the mix, better to use him as sub but the situation with our back four is such that, we might need to start him... him and mykelenko cant be any worse or rusty then Keane, Coleman or holgate .

I think you are trying a bit too hard there. I find both of these signings exciting purely because of their potential, which I hope they can fulfil during their time with us.
I hope they can both fulfil their potential with us but both unknown hope anyone we sign does well for us player or manager.

Do we think Patterson will come in as a starter?
The reliance and belief in Coleman runs sickeningly deep at this club, so I am not confident that he will be right away. Once he gets his chance, I think the difference in athleticism and current talent level will be so stark that he take over. And I've never seen Patterson play, this is based just on how bad Coleman is now. But he does sound like a talent, I'm excited to see him out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.