Confirmed Signing Nathan Patterson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Id like to be able not to hate a player we just signed.

This lad is signed as a defender, and Ilm telling you right now he cannot defend. Positionally he is utterly clueless and he likes to spend all his time in the opposition half.

Imagine a non-defender like Alexander-Arnold and then imagine a player with 10x less ability.
Patterson can defend, very strong, dynamic , great athlete . Can cross, tackle , head a ball. Versatile too. On the subject of Rangers players not being up to some Everton fans standard . If he can play well in Europa league, and for his national team. I’m sure he will flourish for your club. The boy is a born winner . Ask big Duncan about Rangers standards.?

….Benitez won’t want him getting forward too much. As Carragher says; “he wants his full backs to stay at home”.
That could be interesting . In Scotland “ Where do you stay?” is the common way of asking “ Where do you live?” and “ Aye, I stay at home with my wife/familyetc” can be the usual answer , luckily he’ll have Big Dunc to translate !

Patterson can defend, very strong, dynamic , great athlete . Can cross, tackle , head a ball. Versatile too. On the subject of Rangers players not being up to some Everton fans standard . If he can play well in Europa league, and for his national team. I’m sure he will flourish for your club. The boy is a born winner . Ask big Duncan about Rangers standards.?

I didn't realise he was so good. Makes you wonder why he's hardly played for the newco?

….Benitez won’t want him getting forward too much. As Carragher says; “he wants his full backs to stay at home”.

Possible Benitez might consider three at the back a more viable proposition given Patterson and Mykolenko look more physically capable of getting up and down the pitch as wing backs than Digne and Coleman do

Possible Benitez might consider three at the back a more viable proposition given Patterson and Mykolenko look more physically capable of getting up and down the pitch as wing backs than Digne and Coleman do
Problem is we look all at sea defensively in a three unless we literally sit the whole team deep in a block like at Chelsea even then we were a bit lucky to get a draw. Also out numbered in midfield. Maybe could work at times away but at home I just don't see this squad ever looking comfortable consistently with a back three.

It’s a pity that most of our centre backs are either total garbage or always injured.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Coleman play as a third centre half if that’s the route he goes down…

Was just going to say this, not wanting Coleman and Lucas to go forward is different from not wanting ANY wing back to go forward.
Lucas was playing so badly he had to tell him, same with Coleman.
We have identified this position was a major problem for us, it has been for at least 12 months.

Problem is we look all at sea defensively in a three unless we literally sit the whole team deep in a block like at Chelsea even then we were a bit lucky to get a draw. Also out numbered in midfield. Maybe could work at times away but at home I just don't see this squad ever looking comfortable consistently with a back three.

We have a lot of problems to address

Full backs/wing backs was one of them

Our shambles at centre back when Mina isn't in the team is certainly another one, but I'd also add the fact that although I like Allan and Doucoure as players, neither of them are particularly good at shielding the defence.

There isn't enough scope to sort both of those issues out this month, but I hope they're both on the agenda in the summer at least

We have a lot of problems to address

Full backs/wing backs was one of them

Our shambles at centre back when Mina isn't in the team is certainly another one, but I'd also add the fact that although I like Allan and Doucoure as players, neither of them are particularly good at shielding the defence.

There isn't enough scope to sort both of those issues out this month, but I hope they're both on the agenda in the summer at least
Too late
Needs sorting now

Status
Not open for further replies.