Moyes or Unsworth???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have said this before but why are people talking about Moyes?? Never won a thing and sacked by UTD, sociedad,Sunderland and basically west ham.

THE WORST OPTION we could have now

Plus he dropped us liike a stone

Dropped us like a stone after he fulfilled at least three separate contracts over an 11 year period in order to move on to the biggest club in the world? That isn't dropping us like a stone ffs.

He's the best manager that we have had this century, and is still the only manager to bring about a derby win during this Millennium.

I'd have him back no problem.

Dropped us like a stone after he fulfilled at least three separate contracts over an 11 year period in order to move on to the biggest club in the world? That isn't dropping us like a stone ffs.

this century, and is still the only manager to bring about a derby win during this Millennium.

He has never won a single thing Nd was sacked by Sunderland and sociedad and jumped before pushed at West Ham

His record at Utd was shocking

When he left us he tried to get Baines and Fellini for 15 mil and suggested we were wrong to deny them their move

The guy is finished as a manager

He's the best manager that we have had this century, and is still the only manager to bring about a derby win during this Millennium.

Agree with you to the point that he deserves our respect but wouldn't want to see him back a that would be a backward step.

Unsworth.

All we need is a caretaker, and he's perfect because he has absolutely no chance of taking the role permanently and won't rock the boat.

We are safe from relegation. It's a no brainer.

Moyes would be a disaster. A complete admission of no ambition whatsoever.

Moshiri has a solution...

Unsworth.

All we need is a caretaker, and he's perfect because he has absolutely no chance of taking the role permanently and won't rock the boat.

We are safe from relegation. It's a no brainer.

Moyes would be a disaster. A complete admission of no ambition whatsoever.
I think Bill should have a crack

People shouting for Moyes are as stuck in the past as he is

He has been absolutely terrible at every club since and is a dinosaur

Some recent quotes from an ex Sunderland player about him:

‘I didn’t have any at the beginning. I just knew him from Everton, Manchester United and a little bit in Spain, so I had no judgement and like you always do in new situations, you go in and have a look. I think the owner wanted someone with a big name and was quite keen on him.

I am far away from blaming anyone because in the end it’s all about coming together as a team, but there was so many small things he did that I just didn’t think were right to do. He’d go out in the public interviews and be negative about the team and the players, he also did this inside the club. The atmosphere changed so drastically from positive to negative under him. The freedom we had before was gone. You’d go from having confidence in the team and yourself to questioning yourself and you’d become frustrated. It wasn’t enjoyable to be at the training ground.

Not just the players, but the coaches, the physios - all of it become very negative and yes, I do believe the manager had a lot to do with that.

It was just really basic things like when you bring in a new player to the team, you bring him to the training ground and introduce him, so you know what kind of guy you have in the team. I don’t like certain players being treated differently, you should treat them all the same.

What really made me angry was that he criticized the players in public all the time in newspapers - and that is a weak excuse to point fingers at others. He built the team, he paid the money for the players.

I was about to say, “excuse me, it’s your team and the players showed we are good enough last season, so what changed?”

You just have to get on with it, it shouldn’t be an excuse for a professional footballer to stop playing, you should still perform. But some players didn’t even get a chance to perform like Wahbi and Fabio Borini as they never played - so it all came together.

The atmosphere in the dressing room was toxic, we would have lots of fights.’

Disgraceful, entitled blues denigrating the achievements of David Moyes in this thread.

I'll tell you this we were finished before Moyes came in. Administration was a whisker away. Our chairman told us we had nothing. There was no Sky Deals and Everton had narrowly escaped relegation in the 90s.

We'd become small time. That's right, a laughing stock. That man took us from nowhere and gave us some self respect back. Season after season with no money we managed 4th,5th 6th,7th. In my eyes he was perfect for us at that time. A time of austerity.

The way he left us was unfortunate and could've been handled better. However he'd been very loyal and respectful to us throughout his tenure. A hard Scotsman that came from Preston North End for crying out loud. Yes he won nothing. Yes his teams bottled the very big games. Yes sometimes his tactics may have been too cautious.

Could any of you have done better though with what he had. I thought as much...

He ain't right for us anymore for sure. We all move on don't we. However look at the state of us with all our money.

We are pathetic.

So show some class and don't pull him down. The fella did good and I'd shake his hand in thanks if I ever met him.

Status
Not open for further replies.