Moyes as interim manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would have him over any of the other ‘realistic’ names I’ve heard. Hughes, Arteta etc. The last four managers show the club can’t attract big names, we’re in a worse position now than at any time those other managers were appointed.

The amount of unrealistic shouts on here like ,Poch and previously Mourinho shows such a level of delusion.

I fully expect him to be given a deal to the end of the season, it gives Everton time to try and make a good appointment and no doubt they will tell Moyes if he can get back up to top 8 there’s another deal for him.

Moyes wants the job.

...if the moneys right. He's just bought a new property in Lytham and his property portfolio is increasing, not yet up to the amounts of Mark Hughes and Joe Allan, but a significant amount just the same. I never liked Moyes, but if he did have any ambition at Everton, he hasn't got it any more. (source...entirely reliable ...someone who knew the deal was being done)

...if the moneys right. He's just bought a new property in Lytham and his property portfolio is increasing, not yet up to the amounts of Mark Hughes and Joe Allan, but a significant amount just the same. I never liked Moyes, but if he did have any ambition at Everton, he hasn't got it any more. (source...entirely reliable ...someone who knew the deal was being done)

He brought that house of Colin Henry ex Blackburn Rovers player.

I understand why they might give it to Moyes until the end of the season, but personally I think it's a backward step and another delaying tactic.

I honestly think we'd be looking to sack Moyes at the end of January if we appointed him.

My mate said to me that we have been awful since he left us and wants him to come back.

I told him he must have forgotten the last couple of seasons before he left. He then says that he could always pick up bargains like Cahill, Coleman etc. Problem is now is that everything is data based and even if there is a half decent player out there for a relatively low fee we are going to be competing with a lot of clubs because everyone's scouting network is so advanced now.

I'm worried about him coming back because the fan base are already depressed and to put up with dire negative football for 6 months will end quite a few of us. The only problem is I cant see us getting anyone much of a level above him that would give everyone a lift.

Yesterday has deflated me beyond belief. I am still struggling to comprehend how we lost.

Well hope everyone's happy if this happens. The team will run around a bit more and somehow that will be taken as an indication that 'real Everton' are back.

Silva needs punting but getting this dinosaur back in is a joke. Moyes hardly ever signed or played players with pace, persisted with 4-5-1 between 2004 and the time he left, favoured selecting inferior players because they were yes men (Neville, Hibbert, Osman etc), was abysmally inactive with substitutions and only played young players when effectively forced to. All sounds quite familiar to me.

But hey, he 'gets Everton' so it's fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.