Moyes as interim manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
He will be given till the end of the season, we will play absolute turd football but pick up points and sit comfortably in mid table and hopefully the majority of fans will expect more and he will be sent on his way come May.
And you can guarantee this?

nah you can’t

But they were better then this, with a worse squad

It wasn't a worse squad!

This is one of our major problems for me, I keep hearing we have good players and we should do better etc. We really haven't and a league season tends to show that.

We keep saying these players are good (I do it too) yet we are proven wrong week in week out. We have a handful of good players, Digne, Richarlison, Pickford and Mina at a big push. Beyond that what do we have? Maybe Iwobi, maybe Bernard, but they are too inconsistent or injured anyway.

Our squad is terrible and poorly balanced.

It wasn't a worse squad!

This is one of our major problems for me, I keep hearing we have good players and we should do better etc. We really haven't and a league season tends to show that.

We keep saying these players are good (I do it too) yet we are proven wrong week in week out. We have a handful of good players, Digne, Richarlison, Pickford and Mina at a big push. Beyond that what do we have? Maybe Iwobi, maybe Bernard, but they are too inconsistent or injured anyway.

Add to that selling Gana and all these injuries in midfield and it’s a recipe for disaster

It’s such a disaster our manager kept trotting Schneiderlin out there

It wasn't a worse squad!

Interesting point this.

I think the players he had back then all had more fight in them, that counted for a lot too

Interesting point this.

I think the players he had back then all had more fight in them, that counted for a lot too

Yeah fight and an idea of what they were doing. There are players I didn't rate back then (and still don't in many cases) who would walk into this side right now purely because they knew what their role was and were competent in performing what was asked of them.

Moyes built his team over a number of years. To fit around his style and formation. He targeted a particular type of player, most of them cast offs from other teams who wanted to prove a point and work hard, we had no prima donnas. We had a bunch of hardworking individuals who knew and wanted to work part of a team. That was almost 10 years ago.

He’d be walking into a completely different environment at Everton now. We have a different class of players bought with excessive fees and outrageous wages expecting to start every game regardless of form. Fans expectations are a lot higher and board expectations a like. The league itself and style of football from teams have changed a lot from 10 years ago.

This fella left our club and failed to make it elsewhere. He is not the answer for any of our short term issues.

get-the-band-back-together-meme-cute-felli-marouane-fellaini-it-s-david-moyes-we-re-getting-of-get-the-band-back-together-meme.png

He will be given till the end of the season, we will play absolute turd football but pick up points and sit comfortably in mid table and hopefully the majority of fans will expect more and he will be sent on his way come May.

We did that with Allardyce! Then everyone decided he wasnt good enough, and look where we are now!! Sod all this continental coachine approach all done based on statistics and computers, get a proper manager back in to kick the players up the ass and sort this mess out! Not saying it should be Moyes, but hes in the right mould!

You just know it’s gonna be Moyes. Useless Moshiri can’t convince anyone decent to come. He messed about last time trying to get Silva in then just went for Alladyce. The same will happen again. The guy is a moron. What else can he do? He’s out of his depth
One story is the board are divided over Moyes, Moshiri doesn’t want him, guess who does?I hope Moshiri lets everyone know he owns the club and listens to more sensible people on the board, surely there is one amongst them.

Add to that selling Gana and all these injuries in midfield and it’s a recipe for disaster

It’s such a disaster our manager kept trotting Schneiderlin out there
Even more galling when you see the performance of John Lundstrum a former youth player with us. He gave a performance and effort today, that I’ve NEVER seen from Scherderlin in an Everton shirt.

Status
Not open for further replies.