Most likeable players

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the best players we've had in 30 years and always gave everything when he played for us, made a mistake leaving and he knew it, won't hold it against him

Not for me, I thought he had more talent then end product, he was very fortunate to be playing with a peak Baines. No complaints though as it was a good initial deal.

Still, he fell way down in my estimation when he wound down his contract, led the club a merry dance and jumped ship for the Spurs bench for a nominal fee. The fact he came back on his knees, shows how soft we can sometimes be.

The best weever saw of Pienaar was when he was looking for a contract, either expiring or coming back in permo after tanking at Spurs.

Total mercenary in my opinion, he was a good player who played a role, was lucky to be one part of a good combo, but the reputation he has amongst some fans was never justified imo, either as a player or morally.

Give me Gylfi all day.

Not for me, I thought he had more talent then end product, he was very fortunate to be playing with a peak Baines. No complaints though as it was a good initial deal.

Still, he fell way down in my estimation when he wound down his contract, led the club a merry dance and jumped ship for the Spurs bench for a nominal fee. The fact he came back on his knees, shows how soft we can sometimes be.

The best weever saw of Pienaar was when he was looking for a contract, either expiring or coming back in permo after tanking at Spurs.

Total mercenary in my opinion, he was a good player who played a role, was lucky to be one part of a good combo, but the reputation he has amongst some fans was never justified imo, either as a player or morally.

Give me Gylfi all day.
lol lol

That post pretty much sums up how clueless you can be Neil

lollol

That post pretty much sums up how clueless you can be Neil

To be fair a chara you posted the name of a player, who ran down his contract, to ensure a lower fee for the club, maximize his wage leaving us, led the club a merry dance in doing, to go and sit on Sprurs bench, as one of your most likable Everton players. I’ll take that clueless accusation alright.

In your defense I mentioned Gylfi just for gaire! lol

To be fair a chara you posted the name of a player, who ran down his contract, to ensure a lower fee for the club, maximize his wage leaving us, led the club a merry dance in doing, to go and sit on Sprurs bench as one of your most likable Everton players. I’ll take that clueless accusation alright.

In your defense I mentioned Gylfi just for gaire! lol
He rightly left after the club took the piss. But alas I know you're just trying to troll

Still don’t get the love in some have with Niasse.
I think some (like me) felt empathy for him over the extremely shabby treatment he received under Koeman; were impressed by the dignity with which he carried on nonetheless; were pleased to see him score against the rs while on loan at Hull; and, finally, were delighted (or at least consoled) when his shambolic, Agent of Chaos appearances resulted in crazy, unexpected Everton goals. What's not to love?

I imagine the modesty of his skill set makes him less lovable from the vantage of a gaming console, but he was sometimes able to bring Everton a mix of consolation and hilarity in troubled times. And that smile!

Status
Not open for further replies.