2019/20 Morgan Schneiderlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there is a bit to be said about self preservation though mate like Morgan.

Morgan would have thinking i can sit on fat wedge here for a year or i can sign a contract with Nice for the next 3-4 years and guarantee my future for the next few years.

The other thing is profile, Bolaise now has zero profile after being here and loaned out to obscurity, he will be lucky to get a mid table championship club next summer.

If a nice plum move came up for Bolaise at say somewhere like Brighton, Southampton or Bourmouth or a newly promoted club for 3-4 years and we get a nominal fee then he has a decision to make. Same for Sandro.

Players will be thinking of their next pay day and contract and will do what they feel best for the future - the Morgan situation may come up for some of them.
Fingers crossed.

I never made any mention of how committed he was to playing for us. The previous poster stated that he didn't even mention us, I just pointed out that he did.

I would normally like to say, that this was a case of a poor player, who tried his best for Everton.But i think in Morgan Schneiderlins case, that would be an extremely generous assessment on my part.The phrase try your best and Morgan Schneiderlin, being bit of an oxymoron i think.

Harshly treated in his time here, given a longer run of games could have really made the CM position his own. Poor decision not extending his contract.
tenor.gif

Morgan Schneiderlin: “Everton were very classy in this situation.”
Speaking to Nice-Matin, OGC Nice central midfielder Morgan Schneiderlin discussed his decision to join Les Aiglons and discussed his time at Manchester United.

On moving to the Côte d’Azur & the role his family played in the decision:

My wife didn’t want to come back to France, that is the truth. I am not coming for the Côte d’Azur, the sun and the wonderful view each morning when I wake up. I experienced several years in Manchester where it rained all the time. That never scared me. The number one criteria was football-related.

Everton were pretty classy in the way that they handled the situation…

Yes. I wanted to leave already last year, I was close to doing so, but then the club held me back, saying that they were really counting on me for this season, but that they would allow me to leave the following summer. I said to the Sporting Director to close all other negotiations. I had chosen Nice and I was not going to go anywhere else. From that moment on, they were very classy.

Did you call Hugo Lloris?

We exchanged a few voice notes just before my medical. He of course spoke incredibly highly of Nice, his home.

You might join up again in the future (at OGC Nice)…

I am not going to hide it, that is what I said to him in my first voice note.

On spending time at Manchester United:

In terms of the commercial side, all the aspects off of the pitch and on the pitch make it for me the biggest club in the world. It was a source of pride for me, an honour. I would have preferred my time there to be longer, that it took a different direction. But it is certainly my fault, I should have been more patient yet again. But I don’t regret it at all, it was a fantastic experience.

Having been at a club like that, did it leave you with the feeling of having done it all in England?

Exactly. I was at Southampton, then a big club like Manchester United and finally Everton, who were a bit in between the two… I have to say it, playing again in a top 5 club was no longer possible for me so when I accepted that, I had the desire to be able to leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.