2019/20 Morgan Schneiderlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then the fees we are asking for is too much. Bolasie should’ve been available on a free the January after we signed him. Truly atrocious player.

the wages are the killer, you can reduce the fee down to whatever you want but not many teams out side of England can pay 100k a week. If you had a choice between taking an 80% wage cut or staying exactly where you are and collecting 100k a week for a few more years what would you do? These players don’t want to move.

He has gone:celebrate:How many more to go?
Martina,Niasse,Garbutt (thankfully these three are leaving in a few days / end of the season!!)
Davies,Baningame,Iwobi (unfortunately all three of these will be around for years)
Bolasie,Tosun,Sandro,Walcott ,Delph (these five have another year left I believe)

So I make that 8 more players to ship out once the season finishes

Martina,Niasse,Garbutt (thankfully these three are leaving in a few days / end of the season!!)
Davies,Baningame,Iwobi (unfortunately all three of these will be around for years)
Bolasie,Tosun,Sandro,Walcott ,Delph (these five have another year left I believe)

These I think have a future for a couple of years at least as squad players.

Hopefully we don't ever repeat the mistake, so glaringly committed in recent years, of buying players who lack pace. Schneiderlin, Sigurdsson, Delph, Gomes. You can get by with 1 in a team but you have to surround him with physical players with pace and stamina. When you've got 4 in your squad and they are on immense wages and you've paid huge money for them then you really are asking for trouble. Above all our transfer target should be a central midfielder with physicality.

Felt he fell out of love with the game after his big move and only bothered to stay in the game for the money. Glad to see him gone, feel a bit sorry for Viera though, clearly doesnt know what kind of character he has bought.

I think it will be a few more than 8.

Offer them for free, simple as, lose out on a transfer fee but save millions on wages, bet we proper scraped every penny we could for schneiderlin.
Nobody is going to pay them what we're paying them, even on a free. I'm not a Brands fanboy, I've been critical of him many times, but shifting high wage losers like Schneiderlin, Sandro and Bolasie is not an easy task.

Nobody is going to pay them what we're paying them, even on a free. I'm not a Brands fanboy, I've been critical of him many times, but shifting high wage losers like Schneiderlin, Sandro and Bolasie is not an easy task.

I think there is a bit to be said about self preservation though mate like Morgan.

Morgan would have thinking i can sit on fat wedge here for a year or i can sign a contract with Nice for the next 3-4 years and guarantee my future for the next few years.

The other thing is profile, Bolaise now has zero profile after being here and loaned out to obscurity, he will be lucky to get a mid table championship club next summer.

If a nice plum move came up for Bolaise at say somewhere like Brighton, Southampton or Bourmouth or a newly promoted club for 3-4 years and we get a nominal fee then he has a decision to make. Same for Sandro.

Players will be thinking of their next pay day and contract and will do what they feel best for the future - the Morgan situation may come up for some of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.