2019/20 Morgan Schneiderlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to say that Schneiderlin put in the best peformance by any player in central midfield for us this season (against Chelsea (h)). He also did quite well towards the end of last season, so I understand why Brands wanted to keep him for one more year.

Last evening Schneiderlin would have made no difference, but Gueye would.

I am saying this not as a comment on the sale of Gueye but as a comment on how just one player could change our team fundamentally.
I know everyone hates Schneiderlin but his ability to at least put his feet in the right spot, even if he hardly moved them afterward, would have made us defensively more stable. I know because Sigurdsson came on and did exactly that to decent effect.

I know everyone hates Schneiderlin but his ability to at least put his feet in the right spot, even if he hardly moved them afterward, would have made us defensively more stable. I know because Sigurdsson came on and did exactly that to decent effect.
Agreed about Sigurdsson and Schneiderlin also.
However, neither will ever do enough to swing a game in a different direction , they will do a job but we do need more than that if we are ever going to progress.

Agreed about Sigurdsson and Schneiderlin also.
However, neither will ever do enough to swing a game in a different direction , they will do a job but we do need more than that if we are ever going to progress.
I'm not saying we should keep them forever but Morgan was never going open up a gap like the one they exploited for their goal.

He'd have been so horrified at the sight of their players running at speed, he'd have instinctively started reaching for his hamstring.

I won't lie, though. I have actually said of him in the past, 'At least he knows where to stand.'

I thought that was as low as a bar could get until Delph came along.

He'd have been so horrified at the sight of their players running at speed, he'd have instinctively started reaching for his hamstring.

I won't lie, though. I have actually said of him in the past, 'At least he knows where to stand.'

I thought that was as low as a bar could get until Delph came along.
Delph didn't play last night

Status
Not open for further replies.