2019/20 Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Na im not having that mate.

It’s a squad game, Richie/DCL haven’t been playing really well all season, we’ve been crying out for a bit of rotation up there in the last few games the pair of them could do with a rest, Kean is the only back up striker we have and he still doesn’t get a look in. Pretty sure Gordon sigurdson and iwobi have all been preferred there at some point over Kean.

I’m not trying to spin anything any way and as LittleRalphy said, there’s no campaign against Kean from Evertonians, were all desperate for him to succeed, at goodison when fans were allowed he got one of the biggest roars whenever he came on. But he has shown us very very little to get excited about, even his only goal against Newcastle came after an appalling first touch!
It's not a campaign so much as a fundamental misunderstanding of the level of patience we need to have toward player development to ever compete again. It can't and won't happen overnight with everyone but giving up rapidly will leave us constantly spinning our wheels.

Richarlison has been arguably one of the 10 best attackers not playing for Man City this season. DCL is a top half of the league striker. Maybe after the last couple of games you can argue for dropping DCL but that wasn't the case from mid-December until now.

Also none of the players you listed have played striker this year.

I don't disagree with that at all, but it's not a guarantee that all players improve given game time. It's not a computer game where his attributes will automatically increase as he ages.

For someone to get in to the first team they really need to show that they have ability or high potential to deserve the place. It's a tough business. Kean has shown neither at this point in time. I already said I'd give him more game time for the last 3 games given they're now meaningless, but only to see if he can show anything worthy of him staying on beyond the Summer.
You can't say you're simultaneously not giving up on him and that you want to sell him this summer.

Tough game and all that sure, but we stink and will continue to stink until we commit to player development. That means when you sign someone like Kean you give them a first, second and twelfth chance to make it work while also signing other young guys to take the mantle if it doesn't happen.

It's not a campaign so much as a fundamental misunderstanding of the level of patience we need to have toward player development to ever compete again. It can't and won't happen overnight with everyone but giving up rapidly will leave us constantly spinning our wheels.

Richarlison has been arguably one of the 10 best attackers not playing for Man City this season. DCL is a top half of the league striker. Maybe after the last couple of games you can argue for dropping DCL but that wasn't the case from mid-December until now.

Also none of the players you listed have played striker this year.

So the majority of the forum, Carlo Ancelotti, Duncan Ferguson and Marco Silva are all ‘misunderstanding’ the Moise Kean situation but TheBigIguana with his sacred footballing knowledge understands it perfectly? Right.

Of course patience is important for young player development but if said young player is a hindrance to the team while he is on the pitch then it’s counter productive.

From mid-December to March they both played really well yes, no argument there. But what about before that? And even when players are playing really well they are rested every now and again if the competition for their place is good enough.

Im not even saying we should give up on Kean just yet anyway. 100% I think he should get another year to settle / prove himself. But at the moment he is not doing enough with his chances, and if Carlo decides to sell him in the summer i will trust his judgement

So the majority of the forum, Carlo Ancelotti, Duncan Ferguson and Marco Silva are all ‘misunderstanding’ the Moise Kean situation but TheBigIguana with his sacred footballing knowledge understands it perfectly? Right.

Of course patience is important for young player development but if said young player is a hindrance to the team while he is on the pitch then it’s counter productive.

From mid-December to March they both played really well yes, no argument there. But what about before that? And even when players are playing really well they are rested every now and again if the competition for their place is good enough.

Im not even saying we should give up on Kean just yet anyway. 100% I think he should get another year to settle / prove himself. But at the moment he is not doing enough with his chances, and if Carlo decides to sell him in the summer i will trust his judgement
I meant the fans are misunderstanding mate. Don't get all crazy. Our supporters still seem to think we can just buy a bunch of world class players and compete for the CL spots and I'm here to tell you we can't. Our best hope is someone like Moise Kean signing for us and turning into a great player while he is here.

I meant the fans are misunderstanding mate. Don't get all crazy. Our supporters still seem to think we can just buy a bunch of world class players and compete for the CL spots and I'm here to tell you we can't. Our best hope is someone like Moise Kean signing for us and turning into a great player while he is here.

But the lad looks like he's never played football before.

But the lad looks like he's never played football before.
I still think it is too early to sell him and obviously I think that is hyperbole, but even if he doesn't work out the solution isn't to sign Andrea Belotti or Danny Ings, it is to sign someone like Victor Osimhen or that Gaich guy and try the same process again. Regardless it is something that requires patience and regarding Kean we are most decidedly not showing any.

I still think it is too early to sell him and obviously I think that is hyperbole, but even if he doesn't work out the solution isn't to sign Andrea Belotti or Danny Ings, it is to sign someone like Victor Osimhen or that Gaich guy and try the same process again. Regardless it is something that requires patience and regarding Kean we are most decidedly not showing any.

Im not saying sell him, yet, although to be honest he looks quite stinky.

But if he wants more game time he might wanna start showing he knows how to play football.

And 81m for that Osmimhen is a massive blunder from Napoli, HUGE.

But if he wants more game time he might wanna start showing he knows how to play football.

Oh jeez I didn't think Osimhen got that out of control. What we actually need to do is just figure out who Lille are targeting and sign him.

I like what I see from Kean tbh, but I think we've established that what I'm looking for isn't always the same as what most of you seem to be. Yes he's raw but the skills that matter, the hard stuff, I think he does that well.

You’re doing it again mate.

‘the majority of the plebs are thinking one thing....but I’m here to tell you in my infinite wisdom that I know best’

Oh jeez I didn't think Osimhen got that out of control. What we actually need to do is just figure out who Lille are targeting and sign him.

I like what I see from Kean tbh, but I think we've established that what I'm looking for isn't always the same as what most of you seem to be. Yes he's raw but the skills that matter, the hard stuff, I think he does that well.

Most of us are looking for some footballing talent.

I dunno what you are looking for?

Sadly English clubs cant do what the rest of Europe does due to how anal our work permit rules are.

Is that how much he is going for!!!! When I first read about it, it was 70m for him and Gabriel. Some people thought transfer fees were going to go down!

You’re doing it again mate.

‘the majority of the plebs are thinking one thing....but I’m here to tell you in my infinite wisdom that I know best’
Tell me then mate, what are you thinking?

I can only go off what I read and the amount of shouts for Allan or Thiago Silva or Willian in the transfer thread seem to suggest people still think that is a viable strategy.

Status
Not open for further replies.