2019/20 Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like what I see from Kean tbh, but I think we've established that what I'm looking for isn't always the same as what most of you seem to be. Yes he's raw but the skills that matter, the hard stuff, I think he does that well.

1 goal, no assists, no link-up play, poor choices with the ball, looks gassed after one sprint, incapable of making an impact from the bench, obviously not rated by any manager we've had in the time he's been here, discipline issues, making the club look stupid with his videoed lockdown breach...

Yeah, you certainly must be seeing something nobody else can.

Koulibababaly and Allan.
Yeah, you've got to think a Koulibaly deal is wrapped up somewhere. When you think about it, shipping out 2 players towards the ends of their careers and bringing in some pretty decent youngsters with change left over, and probably on lower wages, isn't too bad a deal. Do you reckon anyone would buy Siggurdson and Bolasie for a hundred mill so we can do the same?!

1 goal, no assists, no link-up play, poor choices with the ball, looks gassed after one sprint, incapable of making an impact from the bench, obviously not rated by any manager we've had in the time he's been here, discipline issues, making the club look stupid with his videoed lockdown breach...

Why is this obvious when there is a perfectly reasonable explanation for him playing that isn't the manager doesn't rate him? I mean using this logic Silva, Ferguson and Ancelotti all don't rate Baines either but I think we can say that maybe isn't the real reason he isn't playing.

He has two assists, the same as Bernard and Gylfi.
*runs*

Tell me then mate, what are you thinking?

I can only go off what I read and the amount of shouts for Allan or Thiago Silva or Willian in the transfer thread seem to suggest people still think that is a viable strategy.

What I’m thinking is that Moise Kean just hasnt shown enough at all so far in the chances that he’s had. I don’t really think that can be a debate to be honest, in terms of results or things to get excited about there has been very very little.

And not only have there been very few moments of quality, there have also been a few moments of real real concern. In all my time watching Everton I’ve never seen a player subbed off after coming on as sub, certainly not in that manner. But that’s because Duncan thought Kean was a liability and a hindrance to the side on the pitch, and I tend to agree with him.

If he didn’t come with this big reputation would you really still be championing him so much after what you’ve seen in a blue shirt?

You’re right with your point about us not being able to sign proven world class players, not disagreeing with that, what I am disagreeing with is the idea that we have to give Kean as long as he wants to develop when he has shown very little so far to suggest he’s anywhere close.

Gordon has shown way more than Kean in the few opportunities he’s had, and he’s earned Carlo’s trust and is now getting more game time and chance to develop.

The player development strategy is right but we can’t just blindly follow it when all the evidence is suggesting it’s counter productive

Why is this obvious when there is a perfectly reasonable explanation for him playing that isn't the manager doesn't rate him? I mean using this logic Silva, Ferguson and Ancelotti all don't rate Baines either but I think we can say that maybe isn't the real reason he isn't playing.
Is Iwobi a 35 year old back up to one of our best players? I'm struggling with this analogy, BI?

WTF does Iwobi have to do with anything?
Sorry, I put in the wrong name! I'm so used to talking to you about Iwobi that I must have become conditioned! In any case, is Kean a 35 year old back up to one of our best players? I'm struggling with this comparison, BI?

Oh jeez I didn't think Osimhen got that out of control. What we actually need to do is just figure out who Lille are targeting and sign him.

I like what I see from Kean tbh, but I think we've established that what I'm looking for isn't always the same as what most of you seem to be. Yes he's raw but the skills that matter, the hard stuff, I think he does that well.
I'd disagree totally with that. Being fast, being strong, doing a stepover, that's the easy stuff. The hard stuff is making the right runs, finding space, having a good enough first touch to make sure you get a second. Thats the stuff Kean is struggling with.

Ugh I really wish we wouldn't you know.

I do think fwiw that Carlo respects the DOF system and isn't going to revolt if Brands says it isn't worth it.

You give the manager the tools he needs, then if he fails he fails cos of him.

IF this fella is as good as most make out, never seen him kick a ball myself, then I don't see why Brands would say no.

What I’m thinking is that Moise Kean just hasnt shown enough at all so far in the chances that he’s had. I don’t really think that can be a debate to be honest, in terms of results or things to get excited about there has been very very little.

And not only have there been very few moments of quality, there have also been a few moments of real real concern. In all my time watching Everton I’ve never seen a player subbed off after coming on as sub, certainly not in that manner. But that’s because Duncan thought Kean was a liability and a hindrance to the side on the pitch, and I tend to agree with him.

If he didn’t come with this big reputation would you really still be championing him so much after what you’ve seen in a blue shirt?

You’re right with your point about us not being able to sign proven world class players, not disagreeing with that, what I am disagreeing with is the idea that we have to give Kean as long as he wants to develop when he has shown very little so far to suggest he’s anywhere close.

Gordon has shown way more than Kean in the few opportunities he’s had, and he’s earned Carlo’s trust and is now getting more game time and chance to develop.

The player development strategy is right but we can’t just blindly follow it when all the evidence is suggesting it’s counter productive
I'm still championing Vlasic and Lookman so I think that answers that.

Gordon has shown a bit more but honestly if Gordon went on a ten game run where he struggled would people still be patient with him? I doubt it.

I really only have two points here: 700 league minutes without any kind of consistency with when the minutes actually happen isn't really a realistic chance to prove yourself and even if you think it is talented young players need to be given more than one chance before being written off and sold. Hell I'd still give Tom Davies another shot if we could get him in a box to box role that isn't asking him to be an actual good defensive player.

Oh and I guess the last point is as supporters we need to come around to the idea of patient development of young players as the path to success.

Status
Not open for further replies.