2019/20 Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
He didn't start because Richarlison and Calvert-Lewin start in his position every game.

But he should have been on around 60 minutes when it was clear Richarlison was off his game, and I'm not really sure why he wasn't aside from his questionable tactical awareness. He did try to dribble out of his own box while a goal up with minutes to play.
I don't disagree--they are our starters up front, but it seems like if there were ever a time to give him a go, it should have been against Norwich. And a start, rather than a sub at minute 60 or minute 91, would perhaps do more for his confidence than coming off the bench.

I don't disagree--they are our starters up front, but it seems like if there were ever a time to give him a go, it should have been against Norwich. And a start, rather than a sub at minute 60 or minute 91, would perhaps do more for his confidence than coming off the bench.
I get that, and a lot of times I'm in favor of starting the younger players to get them experience, but in this case you really can't justify it because Richarlison and DCL have actually maintained a high performance level in a way that, as an example, the wingers who were playing instead of Gordon have not.

I get that, and a lot of times I'm in favor of starting the younger players to get them experience, but in this case you really can't justify it because Richarlison and DCL have actually maintained a high performance level in a way that, as an example, the wingers who were playing instead of Gordon have not.

Agree with you there to a point, both of them looked a little leggy in the second half against Norwich, it has been a few months without playing really and we had two games in quick succession. Do feel Carlo could have brought Him on a bit earlier in the second half.

Agree with you there to a point, both of them looked a little leggy in the second half against Norwich, it has been a few months without playing really and we had two games in quick succession. Do feel Carlo could have brought Him on a bit earlier in the second half.
I agree totally with that, I'm really not sure why Richarlison lasted as long as he did, but the prior post specifically referenced starting him.

Got to ask yourself why he isn’t getting more game time when we apparently have nothing to play for this season

surely it would be an opportunity to get him embedded for next season

unless Ancelotti just doesn’t rate him as a player

Got to ask yourself why he isn’t getting more game time when we apparently have nothing to play for this season

Still loads to play for. All about the money now! Especially for a season where we will be "buying". Could be the difference in 10M coming in

Still loads to play for. All about the money now! Especially for a season where we will be "buying". Could be the difference in 10M coming in
The last few posts basically translate as “we need to finish as high as possible in the league, so don’t let this guy anywhere near the pitch”
Maybe one day, we have nothing to play for, so we can put this guy on and not care if we lose. As long as the guy who cost 27 mill from Juve gets some minutes. Pre season may work. One day, he may not look completely out of place on a football field.

Ancelotti basically saying what anyone half-sensible has been saying for months. That this year has been about him just settling in a new country and that next season he'll play a bigger part. He's not going anywhere.

But we do have something to play for. Carlo has repeatedly said he wants us to push for the European spots. So he's desperate to win these games now directly in front of us so he's not going to be tinkering too much and he's going to be playing what he deems he's strongest team for these games.

If things go tits up in these Leicester Spurs games then we could see changes, experiments with the team for the remaining games.

Stop comparing him to DCL.

DCL always showed us something. That's why I've always backed him to be a great player.

Kean doesn't appear to have even grasped listening to instructions. I know this might be down to him trying to impress but still...

Gonna be a different player next season this kid. 9 months working with Carlo Ancelotti, (still only just getting used to that) will have him fulfilling all that potential

Vault me

Stop comparing him to DCL.

DCL always showed us something. That's why I've always backed him to be a great player.

Kean doesn't appear to have even grasped listening to instructions. I know this might be down to him trying to impress but still...
Nah, Dom barely got shots off until the end of last year. The signs are much better with Kean tbh. Dom did a lot of good things but none of them really said pure goalscorer and honestly as much as I think he can do it after this season we still don't know that he is. He might end up kind of like Haller where in good teams and the right system he will get a bunch but his best use is as a target man, hold up and link up player. But don't anyone go crazy, I think Dom is destined for big things.

Kean might not have any of the other stuff yet, but if you're looking at both of them at 19 and gambling on which will be a top goalscorer it has to be Kean.

Status
Not open for further replies.