2019/20 Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not remotely giving up on him or anything but his lack of progression concerns me a bit.

I am all for giving young players, especially teens coming in from another nation time but he has not really shown anything in a blue shirt as of yet and seems to have regressed from what he was at Juventus.

I mean he really hasn't been given that much of a chance but there are reasons for that too.

Stop comparing him to DCL.

DCL always showed us something. That's why I've always backed him to be a great player.

Kean doesn't appear to have even grasped listening to instructions. I know this might be down to him trying to impress but still...
Yeah but by the flip side DCL never showed anything regarding scoring a goal. Before this season, his record was one in ELEVEN. Not one in eleven appearences, once every 11 90 minutes of a match. That is just beyond terrible. I'm not entirely sure that the earlier "season" wasn't a good purple patch.

Kean, imo, hasn't shown anywhere near the application of DCL but a majority of every shot he has made has been on goal. One of his first appearances had him hit a bouncing ball off the post from 30+ yards out. The kid has talent. He absolutely needs to buckle down but his talent really shouldn't be in question.

If Dom keeps it up next season and Richarlison is his usual god like self with Kean who is a mixed bag but the talent is obvious I think we'll have a serious attacking line that I haven't seen in my life time supporting this club, It would blitz Lukaku years here but obviously it has to come off first.

Hope we see him for a significant portion. Im really hoping Carlo lit a fire under him. Getting a week off for training, tactics, etc giving him the confidence to go forward. Not sure why so many people want the kid to fail.

Think about how Dom was at 19. He’s only started to prove himself this year...at 23. Relax.

He won't last here until 23. Unlike DCL who came in through the lower leagues with no games under his belt Kean is a known quantity with name value. There is no way he will learn his trade (ie sit on the bench) for another 3 seasons.

Big season for him next season. Hopefully he can get some decent game time in the remaining fixtures this season too.

We signed him for 28 million, same as Rom, but 5 years apart, 28 mil back in 2014 is probs the equivalent of a 50 mil transfer in 2019.

So I hope people don't hold his price tag against him too much.

when he’s come on I think he’s being trying to hard to be the main man and not playing in others so much (a part from that sublime pass to Walcott to score)
He will be better when Carlo has given him starts and when he plays more in the team system

Dont disagree but cant see him or his agent being that patient.
This is the key point that many people seem to be missing. And not just them but the club too. We haven’t paid £27m and £50k a week for somebody to spend 3 years learning his trade. It’s not about writing him off or wanting him gone, it’s about being realistic on what all parties expected from this move. I’m pretty confident that at the moment nobody is getting what they expected out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.