Mirallas

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this "he floats in and out of games", "he is too inconsistent" stuff is over blown. You can't expect him to perform magic every time he touches the ball. No one does that. His overall play has been good, and he is capable or world class brilliance at any time. These brilliant plays are necessarily going to be random and come at uneven times. You have to go back many many years to find an Everton squad that he wouldn't walk into.

Since we've been linked with mostly wingers as of late, it looks like Mirallas might become our backup striker for the rest of the season.

I guess from a squad standpoint it makes more sense. We'll have Kone back for next year, so we can focus on replacing Lukaku during the summer window when more options are available. It's not like we need a long-term solution right now.

Kev played striker for Olympiacos, but he ain't playing in the Superleague anymore. Hopefully it works out.

Thoughts anybody?

Since we've been linked with mostly wingers as of late, it looks like Mirallas might become our backup striker for the rest of the season.

I guess from a squad standpoint it makes more sense. We'll have Kone back for next year, so we can focus on replacing Lukaku during the summer window when more options are available. It's not like we need a long-term solution right now.

Kev played striker for Olympiacos, but he ain't playing in the Superleague anymore. Hopefully it works out.

Thoughts anybody?

I thought he actually was a striker.

He definitely played up top for Olympiakos and scored a lot in their Micky mouse league.

Don't think he'd suit us playing the lone striker though.

He definitely played up top for Olympiakos and scored a lot in their Micky mouse league.

Don't think he'd suit us playing the lone striker though.

That's what I'm worried about. In the vast majority of places he'd be a fine striker, but this is the Prem we're talking about here.

I think he'd be fine as a striker, on his own or with Romzy. He's more naturally suited to the role in my opinion, and his physical attributes are underrated a little bit I think.

I think he'd be fine as a striker, on his own or with Romzy. He's more naturally suited to the role in my opinion, and his physical attributes are underrated a little bit I think.

It looked like Roberto was going to give him a look in that position early in the season, but I never really thought he got a fair go at it.

I thought he had a great game against Norwich. Should certainly should have had an assist within the first 10 minutes, only for Lukaku to miss a sitter at the far post. His freekick was great and he put himself around the pitch.

I had a great view from the upper gwladys for Mirallas's goal (it's a pity that the fat head in front of me moved at the wrong moment).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoFImOr4TC8

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.