Match Thread Millwall v Everton, FA Cup 4th round, Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Had time to think about things in general.
Referee Mr Oliver had his contact lenses missing tonight, he's our best ref?
Terrible decisions yes.

But hands on hearts did we look like we'd win ?
I and plenty of others will never give up on Everton
The joys of being a blue. ...
I think this is at risk of being overlooked in all the rage about Silva's stubborn insistence on continuing with zonal marking, and the players' ongoing lethargy when attacking.

- Two of Millwall's goals would have been disallowed by VAR

- The flying elbow that flattened DCL could easily have been a red card. We see red cards given for far less every single week.

- It seemed like the entire Millwall team spent the first half taking turns kicking lumps out of Richarlison.

I'm not absolving Silva of responsibility, but the ref was really very poor today. And it is total BS that some ties were played with VAR in place and others weren't.

Osman is fuming on MOTD. Pienaar is fuming on twitter. Nev is fuming on twitter.

Unfortunately none of our current players will care one jot about the result today as they are probably preparing for a night out in London town and a 17 day break in February.

I don't want to make accusations, but I noticed yesterday that we have that enormous break if we lost, and it did make me worry about some of our players.

Osman is fuming on MOTD. Pienaar is fuming on twitter. Nev is fuming on twitter.

Unfortunately none of our current players will care one jot about the result today as they are probably preparing for a night out in London town and a 17 day break in February.

I don't want to make accusations, but I noticed yesterday that we have that enormous break if we lost, and it did make me worry about some of our players.

They have a cheek, those players failed just as much as this bunch.

Nowt would surprise me

I think this is at risk of being overlooked in all the rage about Silva's stubborn insistence on continuing with zonal marking, and the players' ongoing lethargy when attacking.

- Two of Millwall's goals would have been disallowed by VAR

- The flying elbow that flattened DCL could easily have been a red card. We see red cards given for far less every single week.

- It seemed like the entire Millwall team spent the first half taking turns kicking lumps out of Richarlison.

I'm not absolving Silva of responsibility, but the ref was really very poor today. And it is total BS that some ties were played with VAR in place and others weren't.
Let's face it -
Ño VAR = Their transgressions go unpunished.
With VAR = Ours don't and/or 'winning goal' gets disallowed.

The Problem is not VAR, it's EFC...from the top down.

Given brexit, stadium finance, etc. etc. I could see Moshiri, once a billionaire, walking away while he still has half a billion to his name and selling the Club for a tenner to, to oh anybody, just not back to Bill.
*awaits announcement of Jenny Seagrove as new owner

The thing that hurts the most is that Millwall were and are dreadful. The fact we got pinned back for the last 10 minutes of the game shows how mentally weak this group of players are. No one to calm things down and get a grip, we genuinely struggled to string a pass together because we were so panicked.

Status
Not open for further replies.