2022/23 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree about Godfrey but can’t get rid of all them in one summer, I suppose it comes down to other teams interested. Will be tough to have 5 CB and except Branthwaite to be happy not playing unless we get injuries.

If the ambition is mid table then do you need two experienced CB’s. Arsenal are top of the league with the whole back 5. 26 or under

It's still a £150mill+ back line and keeper though.

He’s had 6 yrs at Everton and 2 good ones 4 poor ones. We’ve been bottom half for 4 years.
We have been bottom half for 4 years because of Moshiri and his DOF model, maybe not buying a top CB is part.of that, but since most.areas of the pitch have been lacking in quality at one time or another its not a problem exclusive to center backs

And if him and Tarkowski are together next season we will be conceding on a regular basis next season. At least his price may go up him playing and some mugs will give us money for him in the summer
Unless it's a top price we need to keep

He’s had 6 yrs at Everton and 2 good ones 4 poor ones. We’ve been bottom half for 4 years.
And if him and Tarkowski are together next season we will be conceding on a regular basis next season. At least his price may go up him playing and some mugs will give us money for him in the summer

Exactly.

Needs to go next season for at least some money or he'll be another Everton wage thief we let go on a Bosman

Coady and Tarko were statistically one of the best defensive pairings in the league for tackles, blocks, and goals conceded at one point. That was until the team collapsed under Lampard.

Coady is a much better defender IMO.

Not going to die on the hill and say Coady is a must. But I think someone of his level and reliability (never injured), and the price would be a no-brainer with still room to add.

In the pure number of goals conceded there was a point at which they were up there, particularly when we had that good run of results early in the season (4 draws then 2 wins).

However, there were metrics that showed we were outperforming, like we were facing large numbers of shots and Pickford was making saves and ultimately we kept on doing so and our luck ran out.

Now I grant you a lot of that will be Lampard's organisation of the defense, but to me, it's no surprise that Dyche has come in gave Coady a go because he's experienced, then swapped him out when he's seen his deficiencies laid bare.

I agree though, it wouldn't be the worst business.

When were his 2 good seasons? I remember him being good in the lockdown season with no fans in the ground but last time I checked that was only one season, not two. He’s been an absolute mess in every single other season.

When were his 2 good seasons? I remember him being good in the lockdown season with no fans in the ground but last time I checked that was only one season, not two. He’s been an absolute mess in every single other season.
Maybe I was being kind, I remember him having one consistent season

In the system we are playing at the moment, Keane is ok. He's not a bad defender when playing deep, but, his slowness on the turn is exposed by a quickish opponent as soon as Keane tries to defend high up with space behind him. He is always rinsed on the turn and, although he is a reasonably decent passer of the ball, he is very uncomfortable in possession of the football.

I don't rate Keane, but, in the style of football we are playing at the moment, he is probably the best option we have available to partner Tarkowski.
To be honest Keane has had some decent games recently but in every game he plays whether he is god bad or indifferent he has my bleedin’ nerves on edge because he always looks ready to make a cock up and he still never looks like he is aware of where he is in the penalty area, still two seconds behind the play.

Thankfully he wasn't, saving us this season, saved us last

Like he is going to drop a player he knows and trusts that has delivered for him

Good, terrible player

maybe

25 million and we can talk

We both know by now youre just wumming.

How many goals have we conceded this season with him playing?

Exactly.

Needs to go next season for at least some money or he'll be another Everton wage thief we let go on a Bosman
Can we just be clear, a player who keeps his nose clean off the pitch, turns up for training when he should, and works at it, and in an actual game works hard and tries his best to do what the manager told him, IS NOT a wage thief. If he isn't as good as the contract the club freely signed, or his talents don't fit with what a new manager wants, then that isn't the player's fault. He's in no way legally obliged to accept less money, either at Everton, or move elsewhere for lower wages, just as if he turns out to be better than was thought, the club isn't legally obliged to pay him extra. A contract remains valid until one party actually breaks it.

If we think a player isn't worth what he's paid, let's blame the club and not the player, eh?

In the pure number of goals conceded there was a point at which they were up there, particularly when we had that good run of results early in the season (4 draws then 2 wins).

However, there were metrics that showed we were outperforming, like we were facing large numbers of shots and Pickford was making saves and ultimately we kept on doing so and our luck ran out.

Now I grant you a lot of that will be Lampard's organisation of the defense, but to me, it's no surprise that Dyche has come in gave Coady a go because he's experienced, then swapped him out when he's seen his deficiencies laid bare.

I agree though, it wouldn't be the worst business.

Of course. They were getting peppered because of the midfield allowed teams to cut through especially on transitions. But considering that...as a defence they kept the team in the game.

I don't buy that Dyche spotted decencies in Coady's game that Keane somehow fixed. The way I saw it was Coady had a mare against the RS and was at fault for 1 goal against Villa so saw an opportunity to slot his old boy Keane in.

Because funny enough he's started 4 games under Dyche and kept 1 clean sheet while conceding 8, so I don't see an improvement apart from heading in the opposite box.

Godfrey isn't good enough either and to me having just the 1 experienced CB at the club would be suicidal. Coady at £4mill is good enough for a midtable side that we should be hoping to be.

We'd still have money in the kitty

I would settle for Tarkowski-Godfrey-Coady-Branthwaite. That's got to work for us, and we focus on a creative player and striker. Of course we need them to cost £500k with payments spread over 30 years and will need to sell Pickford, Onana and DCL to raise money for these. ugh. the euphoria of our 1 point has died out I'm sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.