2022/23 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have any business sense we sell Keane for £15mill to Forest or West Ham, get Coady for £4mill and put the reminder towards other positions.

But then again...I'm sure Coady will have offers and guarantees for 1st team togger
But coady or Keane aren’t good enough imo. With holgate likely to go and Mina out of contract, I’d hope we sign a 23/24 left footed CB who is suited to the premier league, to partner Tarkowski and have Branthwaite and Godfrey as back up. You can probably get one from France or Germany, maybe Italy for 20/25mil. Over the length of contract, it’s not a lot of money.

We have any business sense we sell Keane for £15mill to Forest or West Ham, get Coady for £4mill and put the reminder towards other positions.

But then again...I'm sure Coady will have offers and guarantees for 1st team togger

Ive been saying for years that i hoped Keane was sold right before he got dropped for England. Stupid not to sell then.

If Dyche has any sense he'll be pairing Branthwaite + Tarkowski next season with Godfrey as 4th choice / utility.

Mina off on a free, Keane and Holgate sold and either Coady signed or a new u21 player brought in and developed.

If Keane isnt sold this summer it would be another missed opportunity.

Coady's a good lad and I've genuinely got nothing against him but if you look at the numbers he just hasn't performed.

Not great in the tackle, nor the air, backs off too much and keeps people onside.

I agree we shouldn't retain Keane but that doesn't mean we replace him with someone older and arguably worse because they're on the cheap.

The stats over the last 4yrs tell you we pick up more points when Mina plays. He’s better than Keane.

Yeah but not because of Mina, because of Richarlison or DCL maybe but not Mina

We ship 4 v Arsenal could have been 6 but for Pickford, but that’s fine apparently because they’re top of the league.

Forest he was at fault for the first, the 2nd he and Tarkowski drop so far back into our box, they couldn’t get out to close the shot down from Johnson.

Yeah but so what, unless we kept a clean sheet every time Mina played, goals happen

And yesterday’s clearance was poor on their first goal, but he wasn’t the only one who was poor on that goal. We all know he can win headers, but he’s been a bang average CB for the 6yrs we’ve had him and that won’t change

Bang average CB, Mina isn't even that good

Yeah but not because of Mina, because of Richarlison or Dominic Calvert-Lewin maybe but not Mina

Yeah but so what, unless we kept a clean sheet every time Mina played, goals happen

Bang average CB, Mina isn't even that good
You think we have the best chairman in the league, your opinion on footballers is irrelevant

In the system we are playing at the moment, Keane is ok. He's not a bad defender when playing deep, but, his slowness on the turn is exposed by a quickish opponent as soon as Keane tries to defend high up with space behind him. He is always rinsed on the turn and, although he is a reasonably decent passer of the ball, he is very uncomfortable in possession of the football.

I don't rate Keane, but, in the style of football we are playing at the moment, he is probably the best option we have available to partner Tarkowski.

But coady or Keane aren’t good enough imo. With holgate likely to go and Mina out of contract, I’d hope we sign a 23/24 left footed CB who is suited to the premier league, to partner Tarkowski and have Branthwaite and Godfrey as back up. You can probably get one from France or Germany, maybe Italy for 20/25mil. Over the length of contract, it’s not a lot of money.

Godfrey isn't good enough either and to me having just the 1 experienced CB at the club would be suicidal. Coady at £4mill is good enough for a midtable side that we should be hoping to be.

We'd still have money in the kitty

Godfrey isn't good enough either and to me having just the 1 experienced CB at the club would be suicidal. Coady at £4mill is good enough for a midtable side that we should be hoping to be.

We'd still have money in the kitty
Agree about Godfrey but can’t get rid of all them in one summer, I suppose it comes down to other teams interested. Will be tough to have 5 CB and except Branthwaite to be happy not playing unless we get injuries.

If the ambition is mid table then do you need two experienced CB’s. Arsenal are top of the league with the whole back 5. 26 or under

Coady's a good lad and I've genuinely got nothing against him but if you look at the numbers he just hasn't performed.

Not great in the tackle, nor the air, backs off too much and keeps people onside.

I agree we shouldn't retain Keane but that doesn't mean we replace him with someone older and arguably worse because they're on the cheap.

Coady and Tarko were statistically one of the best defensive pairings in the league for tackles, blocks, and goals conceded at one point. That was until the team collapsed under Lampard.

Coady is a much better defender IMO.

Not going to die on the hill and say Coady is a must. But I think someone of his level and reliability (never injured), and the price would be a no-brainer with still room to add.

Ive been saying for years that i hoped Keane was sold right before he got dropped for England. Stupid not to sell then.
Thankfully he wasn't, saving us this season, saved us last
If Dyche has any sense he'll be pairing Branthwaite + Tarkowski next season with Godfrey as 4th choice / utility.
Like he is going to drop a player he knows and trusts that has delivered for him
Mina off on a free,
Good, terrible player
and Holgate sold and either Coady signed or a new u21 player brought in and developed.
maybe
if Keane isnt sold this summer it would be another missed opportunity.
25 million and we can talk

Dont be silly, im %100 correct on Keane and have been for a long time
He’s had 6 yrs at Everton and 2 good ones 4 poor ones. We’ve been bottom half for 4 years.
And if him and Tarkowski are together next season we will be conceding on a regular basis next season. At least his price may go up him playing and some mugs will give us money for him in the summer

Status
Not open for further replies.