2022/23 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Tarkowski and Keane are the new central defensive pair for this season and next as well.

Mina will leave, Holgate will be sold and I think they would make the loan deal for Coady permanent because the fee is so low, but will Coady be happy to sign up a squad player ?

We could have central defenders of Tarkowski, Keane, Coady and Godfrey. I think Branthwaite may get another season on loan in a more competitive league and then come back to play with us.
I think Welch will be on loan next season.

I think Tarkowski and Keane are the new central defensive pair for this season and next as well.

Mina will leave, Holgate will be sold and I think they would make the loan deal for Coady permanent because the fee is so low, but will Coady be happy to sign up a squad player ?

We could have central defenders of Tarkowski, Keane, Coady and Godfrey. I think Branthwaite may get another season on loan in a more competitive league and then come back to play with us.
I think you’re probably right. If we stay up and Dyche is here next season then he’ll likely go with Tarks and Keane, they suit his game plan.

It would be more prudent long term to have Branthwaite instead of Keane playing next to Tarks next season, he’s going to want to play games after his experience with PSV and he’ll be 21 this summer. Might be Dyche starts with Tarks and Keane and Branthwaite forces his way into the starting lineup during the season. Really want to get Branthwaite tied down to a new contract.

Mina and Holgate look nailed on to go. Coady would be a cheap and pretty good squad option, he’d make a lot of sense to sign but can’t see him wanting to sign as a squad player - that’s why he left Wolves so doubt he’ll be here. Godfrey would also make sense to sell as he doesn’t suit Dyche’s style at all but might stay as cover for the fullback area.

That’s very worrying

Not his biggest fan but not many players are happy being a bench player and capable of doing an "ok" Job when needed. If Tark and Branthwaite are first choice would keep as a back up

I think you’re probably right. If we stay up and Dyche is here next season then he’ll likely go with Tarks and Keane, they suit his game plan.

It would be more prudent long term to have Branthwaite instead of Keane playing next to Tarks next season, he’s going to want to play games after his experience with PSV and he’ll be 21 this summer. Might be Dyche starts with Tarks and Keane and Branthwaite forces his way into the starting lineup during the season. Really want to get Branthwaite tied down to a new contract.

Mina and Holgate look nailed on to go. Coady would be a cheap and pretty good squad option, he’d make a lot of sense to sign but can’t see him wanting to sign as a squad player - that’s why he left Wolves so doubt he’ll be here. Godfrey would also make sense to sell as he doesn’t suit Dyche’s style at all but might stay as cover for the fullback area.
I think another season in a competitive foreign league would benefit Branthwaite hugely. After a season in the Bundesliga for instance I think he would be well ready for the Premiership.

He makes 80k a week but in contrast Yerry Mina is making 120k a week, so if we keep Keane around as a starter/squad player we save a lot more than if we kept Mina. Ideally both leave but I'd much rather Keane stick around than Mina.

£80k is not a low wage. We should be trying to move on bench players that are on that.

I think another season in a competitive foreign league would benefit Branthwaite hugely. After a season in the Bundesliga for instance I think he would be well ready for the Premiership.
I think you’re right in terms of his development. A lot would depend on whether he commits to a new deal in the summer though and whether Dyche would give him game time next season (I suspect he’d be behind Tarks and Keane).

Assuming Mina, Holgate and Coady go, if Branthwaite goes on loan again would mean we’d only have Keane, Tarks and Godfrey, we’d have to sign another centre half at least, maybe two as not sure Dyche fancies playing Godfrey at centre back in a two, if at all. We can’t afford to do that just to give Branthwaite another season of development.

Tough one - just hope we don’t mismanage the situation, could be a top centre back. In the meantime Keane is a good fit for a Dyche team and we should concentrate on improving other areas with whatever kitty we have in the summer.

Why would Dyche not be here next season if we stay up? I would have have him staying if we avoid relegation as a nailed on certainty. Do you know something we don't?

Status
Not open for further replies.