Media relishing Everton’s demise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Villa recovered pretty quickly enough, when they went down. However if we go down, then i have grave fears that we'll be a Sheffield Wednesday mark two.

Our owner is a dunce, and the EFL are ruthless towards any clubs that breach their rules. This club has no hope and no future, as long as Moshiri remains our owner imo.
Villa were very lucky. Spent a fortune and only that disallowed goal for Sheff Utd kept them up and from going straight down again. They're not exactly doing that well now. Agree, our owner is a dunce but even if the Championship is our fate, I think we'll bounce back quickly. Much depends on Moshiri though and his level of patience. He can throw more money at it but FFP will dictate unless he decides he couldn't careless about it.

Villa were very lucky. Spent a fortune and only that disallowed goal for Sheff Utd kept them up and from going straight down again. They're not exactly doing that well now. Agree, our owner is a dunce but even if the Championship is our fate, I think we'll bounce back quickly. Much depends on Moshiri though and his level of patience. He can throw more money at it but FFP will dictate unless he decides he couldn't careless about it.
I think we need to show some semblance of professionalism and organisation, to get back up from the Championship. Sadly these qualities, have been notably absent under Moshiris ownership so far.

It's such a big story because Everton don't get relegated, and should the unthinkable happen we will undoubtedly be the biggest club to be relegated in generations.

Don't wanna hear about other lesser clubs and their yo-yo histories.
As a rule of thumb Everton do not get relegated.

The board and owners, every one responsible for either from the last 30yrs, bar none, should be put in front of a firing squad. 'kin criminal what they've allowed this club, OUR CLUB, to become.

Shame on them all
Agreed. Incredibly Souness said after the derby the other week “Newcastle United are every bit as big as Everton”, but they were in the Championship when the Premier Lesgue began. And they will be getting smaller crowds than us once again when we’ve moved to BMD.

The media trying to convince everyone that Richarlison is somehow in a league of his own with diving might be the thing that completely turns me off football. Absolutely nothing like this happened as a result of Suarez, Mane or Salah's constant diving, and we all know why. But to lump on Everton at the first opportunity and make out like Richarlison is a pioneer for cheating is making me a bit sick.

Add that to Stephen effing Warnock constantly targetting Pickford for no aparent reason. The red media love it is disgusting enough as it is but it's sunk to new depths now.

Football is red.
I remember Richarlison getting stick for getting hacked down by Tarkowski of Burnley. Several pundits said he’d dived. He was then out injured for weeks.

It’s a strange one because we seem to be the only club that stands up to the ‘big 6’, who are intent on destroying English football for their own ends.

We’re also a founding member of both the Football League and the Premier League. And we get almost 40,000 fans every week no matter what. Burnley couldn’t even fill their little ground for a six-pointer against us!

Would it really be a good thing for English football for us to be relegated, probably never to be seen again? I’m not so sure.

As an aside, we didn’t get all English teams banned from Europe like a certain other club.

It’s a strange one because we seem to be the only club that stands up to the ‘big 6’, who are intent on destroying English football for their own ends.

We’re also a founding member of both the Football League and the Premier League. And we get almost 40,000 fans every week no matter what. Burnley couldn’t even fill their little ground for a six-pointer against us!

Would it really be a good thing for English football for us to be relegated, probably never to be seen again? I’m not so sure.

As an aside, we didn’t get all English teams banned from Europe like a certain other club.
Unfortunately, football is played on the pitch and you are judged on how well you play it.

Total embarrassment of a station that is, only bothered about the RS and the SLY six, oh and the Jawdees now as they think they may give it a go, so Lahndan orientated too it is a joke, who gives two hoots what Leg ends such as Jason Cundy and Jamie O'Hara think?lol
To be fair to Jamie O'Hara he was talking sense about the Gordon penalty and criticised Caragher for shouting "Get up!" To a clearly wounded Richy. Was good to see someone in the media telling the truth.

I think there is an element of the ‘kopite media’ sticking the knife in, definitely.

But to be the honest when you consider the money we’ve slashed up the wall and the hiring and firing of managers…. If I was a non Evertonian I’d find it difficult to have any sympathy for the club.

IF we go to the championship we won’t come back. it’s so so important that we stay up
Have you any great confidence we won’t beat in the same position next season mate? We’re likely to lose DCL or Richarlison or both even if we stay up. We are under the cosh because of FFP we can’t just spend the money we get for them. More worryingly, we’ll still be paying the wages of the deadwood in our team whatever the outcome as we won’t be able to shift them. That’s why we are in this financial predicament we are. We can’t offload deadwood apart from for loans.

Status
Not open for further replies.